Scammer is still at it

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WM4RB, Dec 30, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Port 22 is open to the internet on that IP

2. WM4RB

WM4RB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

3. WB0FTY

WB0FTY Ham Member QRZ Page

Guess I will put my 2 cents in. Here is the email I got from a question I asked about a rotor on the swap forum. That very day this is the email I got.

On 12/29/2017 5:46 AM, Michael R bishops wrote:
    > I have for sale a yaesu g800 rotator rotor in a perfect working
    > condition. Comes with manual, shipping box. Asking $185 shipped. Let
    > me know if you are interested.
    >
    > 73
    Yes I sent the money but thru paypal and not thru friends and family. I didn't do much checking as we were headed out of town that day and I needed a rotor. When I checked after no one would return my emails in paypal it went to Faith Fowler using luckycharms368414@gmail.com. When contacted on my email it came from wm4rb004@gmail.com. So it pays to check and my first red flag should have been a 4 month old G-800A that sells for about $500 for $185 should have been my first clue. Anyway beware folks. They must be scouring the classifieds all the time.

Bernie

KI5OP likes this.
  4. WB0FTY

WB0FTY Ham Member QRZ Page

Update today. I got my money back thru paypal. It said refund from Faith Fowler. They did not say if the money was in her account or if they went after her or what. All I care about is in my paypal account is $200 bigger. They said claim resolved.

WB7OXP likes this.
  5. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you report those gmail addresses to google?