Scammer is still at it

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WM4RB, Dec 30, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. WM4RB

WM4RB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Someone is using my callsign to scam hams. BEWARE! He uses the email as first contact . He also uses and as his PayPal account.

My email keeps disappearing from my callsign lookup page here on QRZ as well as what I added on my bio page about this scammer.

I have also change my QRZ password.

Mike, WM4RB
  2. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Check your computer for spyware/malware/viruses.

Does 2FA give you the option of having a pin sent to your phone each time you log in?
    N2UHC likes this.
  3. WM4RB

Yes, I did that just now. Thanks for the suggestion.
  4. K7RHT

K7RHT Platinum Subscriber Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello wm4rb, he is at it again, trying to sell me an IC-7100 for $660 using your call and the email address of Just got the email this AM, if there is a way to help catch this pondscum, let me know. I have not answered back as I thought it might be a scam since he contacted me directly rather than through QRZ, and on my real email rather than arrl address listed on my QRZ page.
  5. WM4RB

I have changed my password and 2FA verification and he still has been able to erase what I added to my bio about him.
    What I added to my bio that has been erased 3 times now is as follows;

December 2017,

There is someone using my callsign to scam other hams. His emails are,, and I have contacted PayPal and given them his email addresses. His IP address is BEWARE!

I found out his ip address when I got a text verification around 2am est
  6. WM4RB

WHOIS IP Lookup Tool
    The IPWHOIS Lookup tool finds contact information for the owner of a specified IP address.

Enter a host name or an IP address:
    Related Tools:
    DNS Traversal Traceroute Vector Trace Ping WHOIS Lookup
    IP Address:
    Name: LINODE-US
    Handle: NET-172-104-0-0-1
    Registration Date: 6/19/15
    Org: Linode
    Org Handle: LINOD
    Address: 329 E. Jimmie Leeds Road
    Suite A
    City: Galloway
    State/Province: NJ
    Postal Code: 08205
  7. KA2FIR

There could be a keyboard logger on your pc. Don't do any financial transactions on it until you verify it's clean. If you have another computer take this one offline until it's been scanned. I think you should contact the QRZ helpdesk.
  8. NY8T

NY8T Ham Member QRZ Page

so why doesnt everyone ping his ip address ?
  9. KA2FIR

Cloud hosting company. I would contact them. Looks like a VM has been compromised.
    KB3VWG likes this.
  10. WM4RB

I scanned and cleaned my computer. Didn't find any keyboard logger or any others. I have the computer offline and am going to use another computer the next few days. Have updated to a more secure p/w, added 2FA and a new email.

Mike, WM4RB
    KF5RRF and KA2FIR like this.