Scammer Answering Wanted Ads

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by AG6ZZ, Feb 18, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. AG6ZZ

AG6ZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

There's another scammer who replied to a Wanted ad I have here. The first things that caught my eye were:
    1. The price was $0.05 more than the new price.
    2. No call sign in the photograph of the item.
    3. Money order as the only form of payment accepted.
    4. Very bad English grammar and spelling.

I could tell it was a scam, but I wanted to get sufficient information to possibly track the person down. So, I followed up, and the price instantly dropped 10%. Plus, the seller was very eager to pack it up and ship it to me. This confirmed it was a scam. On more followups, the person made up a very fishy story about it having belonged to her uncle, who was a ham, and flattered me for being a ham. When asked for the uncle's call sign and name, the person demonstrated extremely low Photoshop skills by sending obviously altered pictures of a GROL license and ARRL DX Century Club certificate. I asked about any other equipment for sale, so was sent pictures of a Drake RV-6 for $600.

I'm attaching all photos the person sent me.

The person's contact information:
    Anna Marshall
    Evansville
    Indiana 47714
    marshalllauren@tutanota.com

Attached Files:

2. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

3. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

The email provider used by 'AnnaMarshall' is an encrypted service out of Hanover, Germany run by two Snowden wanna-bees.

4. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  5. N1UXA

N1UXA Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, those photo shop documents are a real joke. Are they serious?

KP4SX likes this.
  6. AG6ZZ

They seriously think I sent them a money order the other day, and are anxiously awaiting it. I keep telling them it's sent, so where's my amp? Fight fire with fire.

7. N8FWD

N8FWD Ham Member QRZ Page

I sent them 100 dollar money order if it is a German address who is picking up mail in indiana

8. AG6ZZ

@N8FWD For your sake, I hope you didn't actually send them money. This is a known scammer.

9. N8FWD

N8FWD Ham Member QRZ Page

I did 100 dollars but I was scammed

10. AG6ZZ

@N8FWD Sorry to hear it. Since this person has been doing this a lot, I recommend notifying the FBI. Seriously.

KA2FIR likes this.