Scammer alert - hijacked call sign of N7MSR

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by VE3VTG, Oct 5, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Nothing at all taken to mean "the real N7MSR" is a bad guy - this situation is 100% sure to be a scammer who conned the real N7MSR into giving up both his eBay account as well as his QRZ account. Probably his Paypal account as well.

I'm quite sure that the "real N7MSR" has absolutely no idea whatsoever that all this is going on. He has zero posts ever here on QRZ - not just in the swap meet, but anywhere. So he is not going to likely see this thread (even if you're banned you can still read - you just can't post)

Glad you did the deal through eBay to have their protections

Dave
    W7UUU

KN4QDE likes this.
  2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

You said 2 weeks? There's a closed listing for the C21 from N7MSR that says "sold October 29" ?

What attempts have you made to contact the seller?

I'm looking at the items he has for sale right now and for various reasons to me they all appear to be legit.

For example, several of the units are pictured on top of "Home Depot" card board boxes. If this guy was stealing pictures off the internet for items that he didn't have, it's unlikely they would all be shot in the same setting.

You said his feed back has gone downhill?

ONE 'neutral' is not really 'downhill' to me.

upload_2019-11-4_13-17-45.png

KA2FIR likes this.
  3. KN4QDE

KN4QDE Ham Member QRZ Page

“Whoever is on the account” keeps updating multiple shipping labels to fedex and fedex is not receiving the package after multiple visits to the address for pickup. Whoever is on the eBay account have failed to respond back to me after several messages. The c-21 I ordered was suppose to be delivered last Saturday.

KA2FIR likes this.
  4. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't have a dog in this race but why doesn't someone who does drop a card/letter in the mail to let the guy know what's going on with his callsign and accounts?

KA2FIR likes this.
  5. HK1X

HK1X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've sold 2 equipments to the real Mark N7MSR and so far everything is good, he supposedly has a company I write some information its possible helps
    I'm so far away, probably any local ham or Ham Radio located in USA help in the cases and let mark what is happening

Name: Rauchfuss Mark
    Title: President/CEO - KE and HM
    Phone: (480) 239-7914
    Email: msr@hoffmanmaterials.com

Mark S. Rauchfuss,
    Managing Member,
    Hoffman Materials LLC
    msr@hoffmanmaterials.com
    Phone: +01-717-243-2011
    Mobile: +01-480-239-7914
    321 Cherry Street
    Carlisle, PA 17013