Scammer alert - hijacked call sign of N7MSR

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by VE3VTG, Oct 5, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Just send him an E-Mail questioning his genealogy, and choice of work...

2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Since it appears he does visit from time to time, let's see if we can ring his bell.

@N7MSR

@W7UUU Dave, I presume you've checked his account for signs of hacking?

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

There does indeed appear to be some suspicious activity with that account. The account has been banned - if the real N7MSR sees this, please email support@qrz.com to regain login access

Dave
    W7UUU

N0TZU and WR2E like this.
  4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

How will he see this if his account is banned ?

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

ANYONE can view ALL of the normal forums (except for "Just Talking", "Politics", "Platinum Lounge", & "Chairman's Club") without logging in or even having an account here. It's an entirely open site other than those few "members only" forums.

Of course, there's no point in putting an "@" in front of his call sign to generate an alert - you indeed must be logged in to see alerts.

The account in question really does appear to have been hacked - I cannot discuss specifics but can say with pretty good certainty that's the case.

Dave
    W7UUU

KA9JLM likes this.
  6. VE3VTG

VE3VTG Subscriber QRZ Page

This is another message:

Hi Enzo,

Please do post the entire thread on QRZ. You have not been very nice.

It is a pain for me, but you are not being reasonable.

I'll be in touch,

Mark,

N7MSR

7. W7UUU

Wow! That's nuts!

Dave
    W7UUU

8. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

So it seems pretty certain that the @ symbol did in fact ring someone's bell!

ha ha ha @N7MSR

KA2FIR likes this.
  9. W7UUU

Probably. But the account is now locked out so whoever is pretending to be N7MSR cannot log in any longer and of course not see any further "alerts"

Dave
    W7UUU

10. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Does QRZ detect hacked accounts before the scamming starts?