ad: w5yi

Scammer alert - hijacked call sign of Jim KN4SLI

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by VE3VTG, Oct 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. VE3VTG

VE3VTG Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes! Correct I seen that after I googled his email. Go figure you think that being an Author he would pay more attention to what my ad said. What threw me off was he mentioned something that I was not selling. The word tuner/pre amp was used but never Auto tuner. I could understand if he thought it was just a manual tuner. Maybe? I emailed him today but never heard back from him.

AJ4GQ likes this.
  2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

And never mind the fact that a scammer would most likely never use a Comcast.net email.

AJ4GQ likes this.
  3. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry VTG. It's pretty obvious there is no scam involved. Apparently this new ham may not have know the difference between a manual tuner and an auto tuner and/or did not research the item before contacting you. Happens all the time.

KA2FIR and VE3VTG like this.
  4. KA3BQE

KA3BQE Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Maybe he is still at work. Or, like me, may not get to his email for a few days seeing it is Friday.

Perhaps he sent the email from his phone which inserted the word "auto" and he never noticed? My phone changes words on me all the time and the font is too small for me to always catch it or I'm rushed to just get the email out and no time to proof read what I wrote.

NZ4X and KS4W like this.