ad: k1jek

Scammed? Need advice please

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KE0EP, Aug 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KE0EP

KE0EP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Purchased complete vintage station for nearly $1000 with personal check. Rig arrived poorly packed and damaged. Also, receiver nearly deaf due to four broken coil cores on circuit board. Equipment was described as “perfect condition.” Seller would not accept PayPal and has not responded to email. Advice?

2. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Filing mail fraud might be the only recoure, not that it will probably do any good...

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Lick your wounds and move on

Dave
    W7UUU

4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Did he say "worked great last time I used it" or something like that? :rolleyes:

Unless there was some shipping insurance probably nothing can be done.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

"Will be packed for safe arrival" is another clue...

6. KD8DEY

Mint condition usually means they dropped an altoids in , and got jammed somewhere they cant easilly fish it out.....

7. NZ4X

NZ4X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not sure how long it's been but you could try calling your bank and see when and if the check was cashed. He probably wouldn't of sent the radios without the check clearing but hey you never know. Good luck!

8. KE0EP

“If you are still interested, I have the AT230 - Tuner, SP230 - Speaker and the VFO230 with the Connecting Cable and KB1 Knob. Each are in perfect working order and appearance. I also have a perfectly restored TS 830s Gold with all the Filters and KB1 Knob as well as a MC50 Microphone. I will sell as a complete station or sell the Tuner, Speaker and VFO together and the TS830s with MC50 microphone alone. Thank you. Paul, KA1GIJ”

Aug 4, 2019

9. KD8DEY

Did you use the E-Mail address used in his QRZ Bio?

10. KE0EP

Not that simple l, I’m afraid. I’m out a whole bunch of cash fasciltated by online “buy-sell” websites. Let’s work together to reach a more reasonable plan. QSL?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.