ad: NI4L-2

Scammed by call sign W3PWX

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by W6GYV, Mar 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. W7XH

W7XH Ham Member QRZ Page

Be serious, I never had possession of your package, period. If you had an interest in where your package went to the USPS should be able to provide that information . They were able to tell me that it was delivered to Wright Ave. Why don' t you find out and post that information. For all I know you put a Tennessee return address. Yes it looks real fishy all right.

2. N3EWS

N3EWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Look at your own image, it shows rhe return adress as the one onnmy QRZ and FCC listing for my callsign. Your own piece of paper said that.

How do I know you didn't give me a drop-ship address to claim you never got it, bhmut in all fact you did get it at your 2nd address and just claim it was sent to the wrong address then you scratched out the return address and sent an empty box back?

3. W6GYV

W6GYV Ham Member QRZ Page

UPDATE: No screenshot or refund received on the 21st, based on the message dated May 7.
    I assumed he implied May 21. I guess he meant 21 June, or did he mean 21 July.....

4. W7XH

W7XH Ham Member QRZ Page

His lack of integrity tells the whole story.

5. KC9WYE

KC9WYE Ham Member QRZ Page

What did you expect? He's really the infamous W0AJA (google the call to read the horrors) He's a con artist plain and simple. He likes to pretend hes a lot of things that he isn't and potentially has put a lot of people in danger by doing so. And never ask him for soldering lessons. I saw online what he did to an id-o-matic, then tried to blame the seller. But needless to say, his misadventures are well documented for the whole world to see. All one needs to do is a Google search of AJ Ayers.

6. KB3ZID

KB3ZID Ham Member QRZ Page

Guess he will have to get another callsign now.....

http://www.radioqth.net/lookup?licsid=L01786197

LICENSE HISTORY: Ayers, Austin J
    Call Sign
    Radio Service Effective Date Expire Date Last Action Date Status
    W3PWX HV - Vanity 11/11/2016 11/11/2026 11/11/2016 Active
    N3PHP HV - Vanity 07/24/2015 07/24/2025 11/11/2016 Canceled
    W0AJA HV - Vanity 02/03/2014 09/13/2023 07/24/2015 Canceled
    KC3BDP HA - Amateur 08/23/2013 08/23/2023 09/13/2013 Canceled

7. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Placed an ad looking for an item recently and one of the replies received just didn't feel right. It finally got down to me sending him friends and family via PayPal because he did not want to pay the fee. When I told him I would pay the fee no more communication from him. Think of the fee as a form of insurance.

8. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

What was the email address?

9. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Will not post the email address or call as I halted the transaction before it took place. Here is the response where the individual is asking for "family and friends" PayPal and my reply was I would pay the fee and it's the last I heard from the individual.
    "Good, I will accept $175 shipped, and I do accept PayPal payments via this email address, please remember to send via family and friends for convenience, I will ship as soon as possible after payment is confirmed. And yes my call is XXXXX"

10. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Why not? Shouldn’t the qrz community be aware of this scammer?