ad: Morse-1

scam ??

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WX0CW, Oct 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
  1. WX0CW

WX0CW Ham Member QRZ Page

Just got a reply from a ad here for a MFJ 226 antenna analyzer [1st come gets the item. item is still up Questions will not do it. send m o and you are on your way. if someone gets here 1st I will let you know and will send you m o back to you . will not respond any more. 73 ] All I asked was if the guy took paypal and if the item was still available as someone had posted they had purchased it. I have purchased several items off the swap meet over the years , but I think I will pass on this one..

2. WA2DIY

WA2DIY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Same here. Spidey senses say stay away from this one.

3. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Staff Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

If it was listed on QRZ, please send me the URL and I will check into it.

4. WA2DIY

This individual did not respond for a few days and then asks me for a MO. I don't think he provided his name but his QRZ listing does match up. However, a MFJ 226 for $150 when trending at over $200 at all other listings? Definitely stay away.

5. WA2DIY

6. KN7S

...and what was the e-mail address that he used?

7. WA2DIY

E-mail address checked out. I was going to provide entire thread but thought better of it. Here is the e-mail.

michaeljon@wowway.com

[​IMG]

8. WA2DIY

I asked about the Paypal being accepted, as did the first poster on this thread, and got back the MO reply.

9. KN7S

Mark,
    Thanks for your input. While looking at his QRZ detailed account I see no issues of hacking or other hanky panky.

10. WA2DIY

Ok. I know some would prefer MO over Paypal for perfectly legitimate reasons but I am not comfortable with that type of transaction. And the extra low price had me concerned. Thanks for looking into this.