SCAM - n2djs.qrz@gmail.com scam

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by N2DJS, May 11, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N2DJS

N2DJS Ham Member QRZ Page

I was advised of a scam using my call sign. Any emails from n2djs.qrz@gmail.com are FRAUDULENT and are not from me. That is not my email address. Also I do not use hannah.asi@yahoo.com for my paypal address. I have reported these events to the authorities but please do not interact with this person.

2. KC9LHM

KC9LHM Ham Member QRZ Page

I JUST BOUGHT A RADIO FROM HIM. I used PayPal and He tried to get me to use Friends and family, but i had a Feeling Something was not right and now he's delaying to send the package.
    I'm getting in touch with PayPal right now.

3. K6UJ

K6UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Moderator what safety rule was violated and what must the author do to correct it ?

4. N2DJS

I posted this under caution to begin with. I don't want someone ruining my reputation with fraud.

KN4CTD and K4NDN like this.
  5. KX4IK

KX4IK Ham Member QRZ Page

Scammers use the call signs of QRZ members who DON'T have their email address available in their profile. You can help prevent this sort of thing by adding your email address to your QRZ page.

KP4SX, KF5RRF and K3XR like this.
  6. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Please tell us you didn't use Friends and Family even after all the warnings posted by others about not being covered for fraud if you do it that way in order to rip PayPal off of their fees.
    ( Otherwise you are pretty much S(Censored)d )

7. N2DJS

8. N2DJS

You did not buy it from me. Sorry.

9. N2DJS

I just added my email. I was not aware of this. Thanks for the heads up!

KS4W, KF5RRF, KX4IK and 1 other person like this.
  10. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Dennis, you should edit your QRZ bio to indicate that your call is being used to scam and that you aren't selling anything

@N2DJS
    Also, if you put an email address on your qrz page the scammers will be less likely to use your call in the future. That's what they look for... seemingly inactive hams on QRZ.

[edit: I see you just did that... now add a paragraph to your bio as above... it helps!]