Scam ? Curtis Bisesi - Wanted my qrz log in passwords

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by W7JOE, Mar 24, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Steven,
    Thanks for this. I sure try!

KC8VWM and WA5JAV like this.
  2. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Jeff,
    Not entirely true. Many of them use real names from bona fide hams which they have access to.

3. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry, I meant their own real names... You know, like Boris or Natasha. I could have worded that more specifically I guess!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  4. KN7S

I'm sure that will happen someday.... :(

WR2E likes this.
  5. WA7HAA

WA7HAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Just realized that I got an email from this guy in response to an ad I had placed for an amp. This all it said:

I will buy it . Where do i send payment ?

No reference in the email to the actual piece of equipment. Found this info on the QRZ site:

K2WOP [​IMG] USA
    Curtis J Bisesi
    4987 Aitchison Road
    Syracuse, NY 13215

No email address listed on the QRZ page. The email address it came from was what has been listed earlier, a gmail account. I did send my PayPal payment ID, but never heard another peep out of the guy.

6. K0EED

K0EED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He's still at it. I told him he could go have relations with himself just used a few different words. What a loser.

7. W4JRV

W4JRV Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just got a response from this person today that he had an antenna that I was looking for. He sent me a picture that looked like it was taken off of the internet so I responded is that your antenna and what is you call sign. He never responded back. He was using hdisme455@gmail.com as a email address. Be carful of this person...Jeff/w4jrv

8. KJ4RZZ

KJ4RZZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Still at it, tried to sell me a TS-811A for $310 shipped. email address was hdisme455@gmail.com

9. KN0JI

KN0JI Subscriber QRZ Page

I just spoke with the real Curtis Bisesi (K2WOP) after the scammer contacted me, and he said please call him at 315-673-0843 if you ever get an email from somebody who says he's Curtis, because Curtis said he won't email anybody about your equipment, and this will help him eventually clear his name.

Noji KNØJI

10. W5SS

W5SS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just got nailed last Saturday, April 29, by Curtis J Bisesi (hdsime@gmail.com). Supposedly selling an Elecraft KAT100 for $235. He responded to my WANTED ad. I should have been more suspicious with the crude grammar and improper word use. The Paypal payment was sent to ham.radio360@hotmail.com and was ultimately went to a Juan Arboleda. My bank was very helpful this morning. Just hope we can track down and capture this thieves.