SCAM by AC4U Roger T Jefferson / Leanne Roberts

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WZ6K, Jan 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
  1. WZ6K

WZ6K Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

After posting my interest in buying an MFJ1786 mag loop antenna, I was contacted by a “AC4U Roger T Jefferson” offering one shipped at a reasonable price.
    The call had a valid profile, the email address referenced the callsign and telephone call to his number voicemail said correct name. I agreed to purchase and I was directed to “my daughter’s PayPal address” a Leanne Roberts or “leanne@gpx.us”. Monies sent using “item purchase” ( was asked to utilize friends and family to save cost). He confirmed receipt of funds then no further communication.
    After twenty odd emails and even more VM messages got an email reply “sorry, dad was in a car accident and in a coma, make refund”. Confirmed refund authorized, the PayPal informs me refund failed due to no funds in sellers bank account. SCAM complaint initiated and elevated via PayPal.
    They stated “multiple concerns raised regarding this seller”. They have agreed to refund me directly after 3 more business days. Watch out for this person (or person claiming to be him/using his identity).