SCAM ALERT

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by N4URW, Mar 16, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. N4URW

N4URW Ham Member QRZ Page

Please be aware that someone out there is trying to use my callsign N4URW to sell radios. One of them was a FT-990 and one was for a ICOM PRO II or PRO III. I do not own either of these radios to sell. They also were able to hack my account and change my email address. If I can be hacked so can you so be very careful when buying or selling ham gear. I was able to change my password and change my email address back to the correct email address.

Joel McDonald
    N4URW

K5MTY and KK5R like this.
  2. WA1ZJL

WA1ZJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe we should all be checking our pages daily. I also added a disclaimer stating I'm not currently buying or selling.
    Hal WA1ZJL

KK5R likes this.
  3. N4QWK

N4QWK Ham Member QRZ Page

As uptight as the moderators are on this website, you would think that they would get right on this recurring problem and correct it pronto!

KE4RWS and KK5R like this.
  4. N4JPG

N4JPG Ham Member QRZ Page

AMEN....you would think that with technology the way it it, the administrators of this site would protect us better....

K5MTY, N4QWK and KK5R like this.
  5. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

They're doing the best they can I'm sure.

We need to protect OURSELVES. Just like in the olden days.

N6GLH, KK4YDR and KE9OL like this.
  6. WB0MMZ

WB0MMZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

With all the listings on this site and others like it, it's up to us to do our part dealing with these scumbags. The administrators of all of these sites keep busy with more than just the buying and selling part.
    I've been scammed and had my call hijacked. We need to be aware of this issue report the scammers to the admins. I don't see it going away any time soon.
    Joe
    WB0MMZ

N6GLH, KK5R, KF5RRF and 2 others like this.
  7. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Nor do I Joe. I only see it getting worse.

N6GLH likes this.
  8. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I am not here 24/7, neither are the other Moderators.

I am moving this to the correct forum.

Keep Vigilant and aware, we can not find all the bad guys alone. We have to look out for each other too.

NR2K, N6GLH, KD9JPC and 3 others like this.
  9. N6GLH

N6GLH Ham Member QRZ Page

I would just be thankful this site has excellent moderators. I think the staff here on QRZ.COM do an excellent job, how do I know you ask, I have had my hand slapped on here and it wakes you up to read the rules and guidelines. Just my 2 Cents... 73

K9PLG and KN7S like this.
  10. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Gary,
    Thanks for your vote of confidence. It is greatly appreciated!

N6GLH likes this.