ad: M2Ant-1

SCAM ALERT

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WB6DRY, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. WB6DRY

WB6DRY Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently listed several items here in QRZ.com and today received the following message:

Hello Seller,

Am highly interested in Purchasing your item placed on QRZ.COM?
    How many of this item did you have available for Now?

What's the condition of this particular item?

What's your final asking price for the item also attach some picture of the item if available to this email address (dprate3@yahoo.com)?

If this item is still available kindly let me know as to make the payment issuance without any other delay.

NB:I will be responsible for the shipment of the item from your location using my Shipping Company.However, the payment for your Item will be inform of Certified Cashier's Check.

Regards.

Dennis Prate.

Of course, my listings all included photos....
    These scammers need to brush up on their language skills. :D

2. VO1FM

VO1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

SCAM written all over it. Walk away, no,Run very fast......

Thanks for the alert..

3. W6BVB

W6BVB Ham Member QRZ Page

Be aware of "overpay" scam!

I got this:
    ...Hi, there seems to be a problem. I had a short travel but asked my secretary to mail your payment. Payment was mailed,however,there was a slight problem. You were overpaid.This I noticed after balancing my account about an hour ago. Please ,what am asking is that when you receive this payment,kindly deduct your money and send my balance to me. The payment will be delivered to you this week. I await to hear from you please.
    Thank you very much....

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  4. WD5MHZ

WD5MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Run like Hell This guy is doing this to me BEWARE!!!!!!!!!
    1ST email
    Hello Seller,

Am highly interested in Purchasing your item placed on QRZ.COM?

How many of this item did you have available for Now?

What's the condition of this particular item?

What's your final asking price for the item also attach some picture of the item if available to this email address (dprate3@yahoo.com)?

If this item is still available kindly let me know as to make the payment issuance without any other delay.

NB:I will be responsible for the shipment of the item from your location using my Shipping Company.However, the payment for your Item will be inform of Certified Cashier's Check.
    I shall be hoping to read back from you with your full name and contact address for the payment issuance without any other delay from you asap.

Regards.

Dennis Prate.

Regards.

Dennis Prate.
    2ND email
    Thanks so much for the fast reply. Am 100% interested in the items.I wanna alert you that You will not have to bother to ship yourself i contacted a shipping company in the state concerning the shipping cost and they told me they will get me the cost once i give them your address.I will let them have it once you provide that so they can give me the shipment cost .Which means extra amount will be added to the check that's gonna be for the shipment .The shipment added funds goes to the shipping company agent.To let you know that the shipment funds will be added to the check i wanna issue to you soon, You make arrangement to get the added funds wire to the shipping company Agent before they come for pickup.Is that alright? I will make sure you have the shipping company information before the check arrive.I will be getting the shipment cost from the shipping company agent later after you might have provide your address which will be added to your payment.

I want you to delete the ads from the website now just because i don't want you to sell it to another person or get carried away with another offers because the deal is definitely done and i don't want to lose it.. Am gonna instruct you how to transact with the shipping Agent better as soon as the Check arrive.Please i want you to keep me updated on matter concerning our business transaction.

I will be waiting to read from you..

Thanks.

Dennis Prate.
    3RD EMAIL
    Hello Mike ,

Thanks for the mail...I want you to know that your information has been forward to my debtor for immediate payment issuance.you will have the payment in time being.

more so,can I trust you with the excess money on the payment?and can you get it sent to the shipper's sameday you receive it?As for my private shipping company to come for the pick up of the item without any other delay from you around 5:00pm to 5:30pm your local time

Note that the shipper's will like to contact you on their way coming for the pick up of the item.Am also okay with everything i shall be paying $1,215 and i will very glad to hear back from you immediately you have gotten the payment in hand as to make the necessary details sent to you.

Regards.
    4TH EMAIL
    Dennis Prate.
    Thanks for the mail,

Mike you have nothing to worried about in which the check will surely be verified and confirm before sending it to you and i will be very glad for you to make everything programmed okay.

Awaiting.

Regards.

Dennis Prate.
    5TH EMAIL
    Hello Mike,

Payment sent already by my debtor which you have noproblem and i shall like to hear back from you immediately you have receive the payment in hand asap.But note that,Am trusting you Mike

Regards.

Dennis Prate.
    6th EMAIL
    Thanks for the mail,

The will surely get to you by next week Monday and i will be right here waiting to hear back from you immediately you have receive the payment in hand as to make the necessary details sent to you with regards.
    Note that,This is not a scam which i hate such a word from you and i have already instructed my debtor to mail out the payment yesterday which you have nothing to worried about the payment coming to you and i will be very to hear back from you asap.

Dennis Prate.

This guy is a real loser he didnt ask one question about the radio other than how many i had people needs to beware that there are losers out there like this guy dont fall for this .... I DID NOT FALL FOR THIS BUT WE HAVE TO BE CAREFULL...........
    IF anyone has any questions that i can answer let me know wd5mhz@cox.net

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  5. W6BVB

W6BVB Ham Member QRZ Page

looks like scammers use QRZ database to find not active calls and use them for scam.

6. WB6DRY

No problem... seem my share of these. As a professional interpreter and translator I get, at least one a month, from some gent whose daughter/wife/mistress is coming to the US for an extended visit and needs the services of an interpreter... and of course they will pay in advance :rolleyes:

If it wasn't that some people actually fall for these, it would be laughable.

7. WB6DRY

Blocking senders is easy. My ISP is really, really good at doing that.

8. WB6DRY

I read about that... I guess I should check more often. Thanks.

9. AC0GR

AC0GR Ham Member QRZ Page

I got one from Dennis this week as well.
    I hit reply, with an additional To: abuse (at) yahoo and said..

ATTENTION :: Attempted Fraudulent Check Cashing Scheme

then qouted the original message with full email headers.

The 'Dennis' account has been with yahoo for YEARS, and I am willing to bet he has been hacked. I would bet that the vast majority of these scams are done via fake/hacked accounts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.