Scam Alert Details

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KC8DVE, Apr 3, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KC8DVE

KC8DVE Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently posted a WANTED item used/parts Icom 737. I was contacted be a gentleman who sent me pics of an Icom 737 and offered it to me for $400. I explained I was looking for a parts radio and didn't need a working radio and that $400 was too much for me. He then replied $200 and I could have it. Excited at 1st then I did some checking.. In his pics included a QSL card for AD4JH. ARRL shows he lives in SC by the name Jason Horton. The email is from Jason Marsha not Jason Horton and he is using an email that is 1 digit different than the true Jason. Then in his email he wants me to send the money by Walmart wire transfer to
    David Finger 12120 Colorado Blvd.Apt D108 Thornton Co 80241. I questioned him on this and he explained that he was sick and his cousin has the radio in CO and that his name is Jason but he bought the radio from the real Jason and was using his original pics from his purchase. Once I convinced him to actually call me and not just by email then his number come up as NJ??? Beware.

KG5THG likes this.
  2. WW1SS

WW1SS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe you should notify the authorities about David Finger in Colorado as that is the person picking up the money. The phone # is not too much of a concern. I have a Florida # and spend most of our time in Massachusetts in the Spring and Summer.

3. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

4. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There it is again.