Save the Wind Mill

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by DM5QM, Aug 19, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Ham.Live-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
  1. DM5QM

DM5QM Ham Member QRZ Page

This beautiful windmill was built in idyllic Letzin in Mecklenburg-Pomerania in 1875. About 100 years later, my grandpa bought it and gave it to my grandma for Women's Day. My grandparents expanded and cared for it lovingly by hand. Unfortunately, both of them are no longer alive. That's why I now see it as my task to preserve this special cultural asset. The mill shows some major damage, which will lead to further deterioration of the property if no action is taken in the near future. It is therefore urgently necessary to take emergency safety measures. The wings and the wind rose balcony are badly damaged and threaten to fall down. These elements must therefore be dismantled as quickly as possible in order to avert further damage. The aim is, with your support and Betterplace.me, to save the mill from decay for the time being. At the same time, I am trying to acquire funding from the Monuments Office in order to then restore the mill to its original condition. Thank you for your help and support. Have a look and donate if it is possible..... HAMSPIRIT... mühle.jpg
    Best regards
    73 es 55 es 44 de Robert DM5QM / DK0GFF

https://www.betterplace.me/rettung-des-erdhollaender

K0UO likes this.