SATPC32 error code

Discussion in 'Satellite and Space Communications' started by KB7KUH, Oct 6, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KB7KUH

KB7KUH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well I'm seriously thinking of going to Linux. Windows is getting worse.

2. G0KDT

G0KDT Ham Member QRZ Page

With Windows 11 due out and windows 10 demanding an internet ‘check in’ with MS to stay enabled, or not reduce functionality, Linux is looking increasingly favourite going forward. I hit all sorts of road blocks trying to get Gpredict going on Linux, it’s the rig and rotator control bits that got very confusing and tricky. In fact I gave up, but mainly because SatPc was working on windows.

The only problem is getting your head around all the changes and retaining the use of good software that you already purchased. MS are struggling with the ‘Trusted Platform Module’ requirement they had for Win 11 which if they push through would mean MS are pushing many users to bin perfectly capable hardware. In this climate where we should be maxing the use out of kit and not being wasteful that would be a wrong move.

3. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I got gpredict running doppler on my 9100 on this win7pro box and had it running the rotors too, but it was updating the rotors every 1/2 second or less causing the entire array to shake like a wet dog :D:D
    Sadly I cant remember how I did that but the doppler control works ok
    I should try it again and get my linux laptop running the 9100's doppler. I think we are up a couple revisions of hamlib since I last tried that
    Might be worth a try to get sat32pc working through linux wine

G0KDT likes this.
  4. G0KDT

G0KDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad to say (but also have to laugh) I think forgetting exactly how we did something is not uncommon.;)

To be fair I find the same with trying to sort doppler calibration in SatPc sometimes.... you just go blank:oops: it is part of why its hard to keep up with changing computers and tech....

VE3CGA and N4UFO like this.