SATERN torpedoed?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K3WGI, Apr 22, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K3WGI

K3WGI Ham Member QRZ Page

Was listening to 20m on a WebSDR today and noticed that the marked SATERNet had changed names and kept repeating that it was unaffiliated with any Org but itself. Dug around a little and saw scraps of management drama between the net and the Salvo itself, but tried going to their old website and it seems they just erased the entire program/division/whatever from existence. High level drama when they were bragging about the new equipment stockpile in Joplin a month ago.

2. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

K7MH likes this.
  3. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

4. K3WGI

Ah, I just searched and went through google to the plain .org front page, which is down and says the domain is out of service (Does the same if you click Home from your link). Odd that the rest of the site is still hosted while the homepage is making it seem deleted.

New acronym this group was using was Strategic Auxiliary Team Emergency Readiness Net

5. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

KP4SX, W4KYR and (deleted member) like this.
  6. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

When I first saw this topic I thought... oh, the humanity!

[​IMG]

KA4DPO likes this.
  7. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, interesting that the "home page" is offline, but the rest of the site appears to be up, including that link.
    Funny, a quick Google search of that name came up with... nothing.

That said, one wonders if there was a rift in the group, and that this new name is being or is intended to be used by the group splitting away. Especially if the rift involved the relationship with the Salvation Army, or at least part of it or part of the management group.

Time will tell.

8. K3WGI

They stated at the end of the net they don't have a website yet, but announced a groups io page to get on an email list, that's where I found the evidence of the apparent issues between a net manager and the salvo itself. Searched around the usual ham forums for info and not a thing, nor on the Salvo's news page. Was an odd enough thing that I'd figure I'd see what anyone else knew.

9. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

10. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

oops silly me put all the blame on this guy.jpg

OH MY GOD ........ YOU CAUGHT ME NAPPING.........

Thank_you_hand_writing.gif

==================YOUR

WELCOME8.gif

73 - K1LKP

K3WGI likes this.