ad: wmr-1

SATERN net stands down

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N2IXA, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N2IXA

N2IXA Ham Member QRZ Page

I just got this from the National Net Director of SATERN. It's an F.Y.I.

Tomorrow, the SATERN net will meet at its regular time of 14:00 hrs zulu and conduct regular net activities. All net control stations are reminded to use the preamble as the net gets started and should run the net in a normal manner. During the net, we should take time every few minutes to ask if there is any emergency traffic and ask all stations on frequency to listen for such traffic. At the conclusion of the net, all SATERN members are requested to monitor the net frequency for any possible traffic. This action is being taken as the number of traffic received during the past few days does not warrant keeping the SATERN net in a ready mode at this time. If traffic volume increases at a later date, we will respond to the need. I will inform the FCC that protected status of the frequency is not required at this time.

I want to thank each and every one of you for the major effort you put forth in this emergency. The SATERN net would not have been able to function without your timeless effort. I would also ask you to send me your thoughts on the overall operation, including what went right and more importantly what we could improve on for the next emergency. These comments will be used to re-evaluate the overall program and make changes as needed to better prepare for the next emergency. Thank you one and all.

Jim Adams WA0LSB
    National Net Director
    SATERN

Thanks Jim for all your hard work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.