Satellite Show in Palm Springs 02/04/2017

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by K6LCS, Dec 14, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. K6LCS

K6LCS Ham Member QRZ Page

2. K6LCS

A ham friend just advised me that her club members couldn't attend the upcoming
    Palm Springs HamFest on February 4, 2017 - because that is the day they hold
    their monthly meeting.

SOLUTION: Change the meeting place to the parking lot of the HamFest! Conduct
    your 20 minutes of true club business, then adjourn and attend/support your fellow
    hams at the beautiful Palm Springs Air Museum! Carpool four to a car. Make it an
    EVENT for the club! Discounted admission online at ...

http://www.palmspringshamfest.com

... is just eight bucks through January 15 - then ten dollars after that. And your
    children under 12 years of age get in FREE! That's NOT just for the Ham Fest - but
    also access to the phenomenal exhibits at the Museum!

MAKE IT HAPPEN! Shake things up a little ... (grin). This reminds me of when my
    wife was president of our local Rotary club. One regular weekly lunch meeting,
    everyone was on time, and she clanged the opening bell and announced from the
    podium, "OK, everyone - let's march outside to the waiting bus: We are having lunch
    today at our local senior center." And outside was a fellow Rotarian in the Center's
    comfortable bus. It came off wonderfully ...

Clint K6LCS

PS And for every under-12-years-of-age attendee, I will have at my table a truly beautiful
    4x6" photograph from NASA of a scene that we'll never see again - with no shuttle program:
    the silhouette of the space shuttle Endeavour over Earth's colorful horizon n the photo
    by an Expedition 22 crew member on board the International Space Station - as the
    shuttle approached for its last docking during the STS-130 mission.

3. K6GB

K6GB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Awesome location, my favorite hamfest at one of my favorite museums.

4. K6LCS

Wow ... a TRIPLE CROWN event for you!

Please drop by my table ... I have a gift for you.

Clint K6LCS