ad: k1jek

Satellite Presentener Pre-sents Pres-ents

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K6LCS, Sep 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K6LCS

K6LCS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

From Southgate Amateur Radio News ...

Satellite presenter surprises audience

ARRL instructor Clint Bradford K6LCS had a little surprise for the Victor Valley (CA) Amateur Radio Club (VVARC) on September 11.

He surpassed 100 presentations given on “Working the Amateur Satellites” in September, 2018, and after presenting his show to the VVARC, presented THEM with a gift: a new Kenwood TH-D72a, Arrow Satellite Antenna, and RT Systems programming software.

“Although my “mantra” these past several years has been, “Work the birds at minimal cost",” Clint told the audience, “we seem to agree that the best HT “at any cost” is the Kenwood, and either an Elk or an Arrow Antenna would be a great investment - if cost were no object.”

Clint said he called on friends Phil Parton, N4DRO (national sales manager for Kenwood USA), Tim Chapman KB7MDF (owner of Arrow Antennas) and Karin Thompson (of RT Systems software) - and they came through for him. “And I can think of no better club to which to donate a setup like this. They have been an ARRL affiliate since the 1950s, and have provided education and support to their region all during their history."

Clint specifically called upon Bruce Hunter W6WW and Christy Hunter KB6LTY to receive the package. One of many amateur radio-related “hats” Bruce wears is handling QSL card requests for ISS contacts and reception for ARISS. Christy is on the satellites weekly, and is always assisting fellows hams with satellite-related inquiries.

What’s next for Clint?

“I have a couple more presentations lined up … I am not stopping - as long as clubs ask for the information, I will make myself available. I have even spoken to a club in Canada recently - so my show is truly “international” in scope,” Clint - surely with tongue-in-cheek - stated.

Clint’s satellite Web site is at: http://www.work-sat.com

/end/

K6EIR likes this.