Satellite Presentation in Surrey BC

Discussion in 'Satellite and Space Communications' started by K6LCS, Jan 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-assoc
  1. K6LCS

K6LCS Subscriber QRZ Page

Satellite presentation in Surrey, BC

ARRL Instructor and Legacy Circle Club member Clint Bradford, K6LCS, will be presenting
    his satellite presentation at the Surry (BC) Amateur Radio Club on March 14, 2018. All are
    welcome to attend.

The SARC has been serving their region well since 1975 - I an honored they have asked me to
    speak to the club.

The meeting is held at the Emergency Management Center / BC South West PREOC, 14292 Green
    Timbers Way, Surrey BC, at 7:00 PM. For more information visit their Web site at …

http://ve7sar.net/index.html

Attendees will be shown EVERYTHING needed to work the FM voice ham satellites – with a
    re-occurring theme of, “Most hams already have most of the necessary equipment … ” Attendees
    can download a four-page tutorial beforehand at … http://www.work-sat.com … and pre-presentation
    questions are welcomed: Leave voicemail at 909-999-SATS (909-999-7287), or send email
    to k6lcs@ham-sat.info ...

Even if you are NOT in the Southern California region, but believe an hour-long, customized-to-your-club satellite presentation would be appreciated by your club - we can do it! Send me a message: I will prepare the
    PowerPoint/Keynote for you, send it ahead of time along with handouts and trivia question “prizes”
    to hand out, and he will use Skype for audio in your meeting room!

/end/

W7UUU likes this.
  2. K6LCS

Clint,

In view of the expected interest and the enquiries already, we have decide to move our March meeting to larger premises. The address is now the church hall at 6270 126 Street, Surrey, BC

I’m just in the process of updating all of my web notices.

John VE7TI

3. K6LCS

4. K6LCS

5. W5SAT

W5SAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, have fun at your presentation - I hope it all goes well. To give your audiences a sneak peek at you satellite operating abilities I will share the following links.

In the videos below, you weren't able to make any actual QSOs, you stepped on other satellite operators and you couldn't remember your grid square but I'm sure your audience will be entertained nonetheless. I know was certainly entertained when I watched your demonstrations last year. :)

and

WD9EWK likes this.
  6. K6LCS

We're going to have a great time. Icom Canada has sent some swag on my behalf,
    I sent up some gorgeous mounted NASA photographs and some Yaesu swag, got
    a reg code or two for GoSatWatch to give away ... and one of the finest "work the
    easy sats" presentations in the country.

Clint K6LCS
    909-999-SATS

PS Thanks for not posting the actual show ... I am using a couple of the same jokes - although, of course, many slides are changed for the club to whom I am speaking.

7. K6LCS

Surrey Sat Show Satisfying

A very satisfying evening was had by all in attendance in Surrey BC tonight. Seven or eight
    first-time visitors in the audience showed up because of the speaker's reputation and the topic.

Hope the Surrey club had enough Membership forms for 'em all!

Thanks to Ray Novak (Icom senior sales manager for the US) and Paul Veel (Icom Canada)
    for helping me with prizes for the group - in addition to several gorgeous prints from NASA
    and Parkes Observatory that I mounted and supplied. GREAT club, and GREAT Q&A session
    afterwards. And after hearing about the session, Richard of GoSoftworks and his sat tracker
    program, GoSatWatch, offered me a couple registration codes for the club.

Clint Bradford K6LCS
    909-999-SATS

8. K6LCS

Even if you are NOT in the Southern California region, but believe an hour-long,
    customized-to-your-club satellite presentation would be appreciated by your membership -
    we can do it!

Send me a message: I will prepare the PowerPoint/Keynote for you, send it ahead of time
    along with handouts and trivia question “prizes” to hand out, and he will use Skype for
    audio in your meeting room!

It worked in Canada last night! Always satisfying to wake up to email like this ...

"Clint - You deserve a medal for your excellent and entertaining presentation ... Also, thank you
    for taking so much effort to tune the presentation to our local audience ...

"Yes, I would agree that eight visitors attended because of the speaker and topic. We got a
    couple of signups for the ham class out of it.

"Thanks again, Clint. I apologize for the minor video problem - but you rose above it all
    and made it work."

73, John VA7XB