Satellite Communications Rant

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N5WTF, Nov 26, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N5WTF

N5WTF Ham Member QRZ Page

Offering advice and attacking the OP by saying he is causing QRM is two different things. 25% was a rough number. Some passes are great. Others are not. As I am sure you are well aware of with the years you have in operating.

When the subject became bastardized and twisted off of the ACTUAL topic is when this thread ran its course and became ludicrous. It was clear then that no one wanted to try and correct the real issues and make the satellite experience better in those respects.

2. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I often can't hear 25% of a pass, but has nothing to do with my antenna, rather local obstructions :D

3. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Using profanity and calling names does absolutely nothing to change how people operate their radios. Listening to good advice can make you a better operator and can lead to more successful contacts. Dit dit.

4. N5WTF

N5WTF Ham Member QRZ Page

Obviously you are 100% correct. If it did we most likely would not be having this discussion. LISTENING is the key which is not a lot of peoples strong point.

Sometimes you have to have a bit of shock factor to get the point across.

5. KE4AZZ

KE4AZZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

N5WTF likes this.
  6. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Beaconing every second or two on the ISS is very poor operating. Maybe the OP’s angst should be directed towards this type of operating. Just sayin’

Attached Files:

7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

What is this I'm seeing here?

8. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

A period?

9. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Some stations even intentionally jam passes then admit it on Facebook. These are the stations that really cause issues.

10. WE4B

WE4B Ham Member QRZ Page

Some stations even whistle and play electronic sounds during passes. It’s amazing what you can find out doing a bit of RDF. Fox hunting is fun