ad: Flexradio-1

Santa Net 2018 Kicks Off November 23rd on 3.916 MHz

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KE5GGY, Nov 3, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KE5GGY

KE5GGY Ham Member QRZ Page

For the 13th consecutive year, The 3916 Nets will be presenting The Santa Net on 3.916 MHz. Good girls and boys can talk to Santa Claus, via amateur radio, nightly at 7:30 PM (Central) starting Friday, November 23, 2018. The Santa Net will run nightly at 7:30 PM Central through Christmas Eve, December 24, 2018.

Pete Thomson (KE5GGY), of The 3916 Nets, commented on The 3916 Santa Net. He said, "Christmastime is our favorite time of the year on 3.916 MHz. Our group thoroughly enjoys helping young people and their families have a shared Christmas experience that they'll always remember. In addition, Santa Net has introduced a lot of young people to the magic of amateur radio."

Youngsters can talk to "Santa at The North Pole" via strategically placed operators who relay the voice of Santa. Thomson said that The Santa Net is a team effort that involves the efforts of a number of 3916 Net members. He said, "In our first year, we connected 10 kids to Santa on Ham Radio and it's grown steadily since. For 2018, we're expecting between 600-700 children to participate."

Prenet check-ins are welcome each night starting at 7:15 PM central or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/3916santanet/ Third party rules and regulations apply.

The Santa Nets are presented annually by The 3916 Nets. The Rag Chew Crew, The Tailgaters and The Freewheelers are all amateur radio nets that meet on 3.916 MHz nightly. For more information on The 3916 Nets, go to http://www.3916nets.com For more information on The Santa Net, email KE5GGY at Gmail dot com.

Attached Files:

N5NSN, K2IDA, K0MDA and 8 others like this.
  2. W8JBM

W8JBM Ham Member QRZ Page

How cool is this?!? Hats off to you guys for connecting the big guy with our kids and grandchildren! Connecting good will, tradition, and our hobby.

A big Merry Christmas and God bless, 73!

Jim

3. KM4KGN

KM4KGN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's awesome...

W8JBM likes this.
  4. NU8J

NU8J Ham Member QRZ Page

My boy is looking forward to this, probably be the last year for him though. He is getting wise to the santa gig, lol

W8JBM likes this.
  5. W8JBM

W8JBM Ham Member QRZ Page

When he figures it out, tell him that it is the good feeling that lives in the hearts of all of us that keeps the Santa spirit alive, and Santa's spirit of good will stays alive by keeping the spirit alive for others.

Merry Christmas and 73!

Jim

KD8YZD, NU8J and W1RDT like this.
  6. KN4NSZ

KN4NSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I will ask santa for the kenwood TS-890s . LOL ;)

N5AF likes this.
  7. W5DPH

W5DPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Only if you've been good...

8. K1SPD

K1SPD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Keep up the great work. My granddaughters were thrilled with the QSL card from Santa !

W8JBM likes this.
  9. AE7XG

AE7XG Ham Member QRZ Page

Atta Boy all round. Ill be listening and thank you for doing this.

W8JBM likes this.
  10. K4WDY

K4WDY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My grand daughter can't wait for this. She made me pinky swear that I would let her talk to Santa on the radio. :)

KD8YZD and M0DPX like this.
  11. W7ROX

W7ROX Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps I can relay a message to Santa to meet me under the mistletoe!!
    This would be fun to invite all our very young neighborhood children over for a conversation with Santa.

12. W1TRY

W1TRY Ham Member QRZ Page

I wish I had some local children to do this for, I think it's absolutely FANTASTIC!
    [​IMG]

13. N4TEC

N4TEC Ham Member QRZ Page

Will the Santa net be sending QSL's? If so how do I get one when we call in?

14. WA8NPA

WA8NPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Did this with my grand daughters last year and now is a new tradition. You guys are the best!

15. KD7YVV

KD7YVV Ham Member QRZ Page

When I do the Seattle Christmas Cruise for children with special needs, I take on the role of the fat man in red.
    They get so excited to talk to Santa it reminds me again what it is like to be a child and even though I just turned 55,
    the little child inside still believes in Santa, and I guess he always will. This year, let's see....fat....check and double check.
    Belly laugh and ho ho ho? Check. The excited voice of a child so happy to talk to Santa is to me at least priceless.
    You just can't put a price on that kind of happiness. Now, being a curmudgeonly old fart, people would think I'd have enough
    sense at my age to not believe in Santa. In today's world with all the negative news, Christmas is the one time of year the
    little child within can smile, be happy and spread that happiness to others. The adult in me remembers the real reason for the
    season, and no matter how old and curmudgeonly I get (get off my lawn you rotten kids!) I still look at the stars with the wonder
    of that inner child, and still look for the good in this world. Although my nieces and nephews are all teens now, I remember a time
    before I was licensed, when they would get a call on the telephone from Santa asking if they had been good.
    It's nice to see ham operators spreading joy and happiness around the world via this magical thing we call radio.
    I look forward to listening in on the net from time to time, and to all the operators, thank you.

KC5AKB, N8FM and W7ROX like this.