San Jacinto Radio Ham arrested

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly. Taking a piece of paper, as evidence is one thing. Taking away the grant is an entirely different matter. The grant can't be stripped without due process from the FCC.

She could order another copy using the Administrative Update in ULS.

Of course, she wasn't operating in the ham bands, was she? What with all the emcommers out there discussing police business on the ham bands, could be she got confused. (Of course, her unmodified 2M radio wouldn't have allowed her to get more than a "bonk" if she tried to transmit)

2. K0WVM

K0WVM Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw her husband's pic with him leaning up against a tree with that handheld hanging on the side of his pants. It has the look of 'awesomeness' written all over it... :rolleyes:

Yeah buddy! :D

3. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly right. In so many examples before the Commission and the courts it has been held that the Congress granted those powers only to the FCC.

I suspect so. However, Jack Gerritsen's attorney didn't know enough to beat the CHP rap that used the CA law to lock him up.

Also right on the money. Interference to declared emergency communications is a federal felony. Cop get togethers and drive in orders don't count.

It is only a federal felony to intentionally interfere with routine federal government communications and is included in the Malicious Mischief section of Title 18, USC. That was used to bust Gerritsen as I think he interfered with MARS or the Coast Guard.
    C'mon down this way. Low taxes, low cost of living (and low pay), lots of game on the hoof and varmints including coyotes here in AL. And, anything that grows in CA, except avocadoes, does fine here.

4. K4UUG

K4UUG Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham arrested

WHY DOES THIS HOBBY DRAW SO MANY WACK JOB NUTS ?:confused::rolleyes:

5. W5FN

W5FN Guest

Looks like the profile has been removed.

6. K4UUG

JAIL COULD BE A GOOD THING FOR HER

SHE CAN BE THE BIGGEST LOSER :D

7. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually all hobbies do...........

Her profile did get pulled rather quickly...

I'm sure law enforcement already has a copy of that profile page.

8. N8CPA

N8CPA Ham Member QRZ Page

The radio was defective. It lacked an IQ modulator.

9. K4UUG

10. WX7CAR

WX7CAR Ham Member QRZ Page

For a Tech ticket?

DOH!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.