ad: TinyPaddle-1

San Jacinto Radio Ham arrested

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. N1DVJ

N1DVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Some people will just never grow up and realize that ham radio is changing, and has to change with the times. It's evolved from a very narrow technical expertise to a wide spectrum of abilities and skills, and the people in it and the test to allow people to start there evolution as hams has to change to be applicable to the times.

Grow up!

On further reflection, I think it's time this thread was locked, before it goes downhill even further.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  2. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd say it definitely needs to remain in place as a 'marker' of sorts.

3. N1DVJ

N1DVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well... A marker for what?

Yeah, I guess you're right. But it's reached the point where people who think they are 'cute' are just making very nasty comments about the people involved. I'm not passing judgement on that. I mean, yeah, based on the facts of the case that were presented, I can make a personal judgement as to guilt, morals, and intelligence. But I find it very distasteful when people started making snide comments on someone appearance. I'm sorry, that's just not the kind of person I want to associate with. And then the people who drag this into the old wornout arguments, which are better left dead...

While I can say that the individuals involved in this case are almost certainly those that I wouldn't want to socialize with, or even be known as being in the same circle (it embarasses me to say I'm a ham as well), I find myself also disgusted at the behavior of some of the people here. If I was at a social/ham meeting and the person who made the snide comments about the womens looks was there, I would personally be embarassed to be associated with them. Somehow I think their other behavior away from this issue wouldn't be much better.

Mike

4. KJ6FYX

KJ6FYX Ham Member QRZ Page

I know this person as she was a fellow HAM friend.

The users on this forum posting things like this is just making the ham community look worse...

5. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree. They cackle like a bunch of old hens. It is sad.

6. KB1LID

KB1LID Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't believe this pic still has legs when perfectly good threads get closed with no reason. Oh well that's the way it goes, first your money then your clothes. Then your rings and everything.

7. W4RLR

W4RLR Ham Member QRZ Page

Bitch and moan, bitch and moan...the only place you'll more bitches than contained in the average QRZ thread is at the Westminster Dog Show. :rolleyes:

8. DJ2MBA

DJ2MBA Ham Member QRZ Page

So the difference is an other a bit.

9. NA6S

NA6S Guest

Bump for a great thread!

Aw, come on fellas, is that all you've got to say?

Grampz

10. N0WUE

N0WUE Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.