ad: M2Ant-1

Sale of the Century, please read.

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation - AM Fans' started by N6YW, May 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
  1. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I came across that mind-set a few days ago in some glass audiophool forum in which people were disparaging and sneering at crystal element mics. It was obvious no one there had a clue as to how to properly use one, and were utterly ignorant about the electronics, usually vintage design, involved to make them work well.

WZ5Q likes this.
  2. N6YW

N6YW Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Gary is fine and in good health, just sick of California. He does have quite a lot of parts and items that go all the way back to the spark days,
    but the whole spark station is real and it works. I will be adding additional lists tomorrow as I go through them.
    Please re-read the original post of this thread, and then the lists. It will make more sense.

N5DMC likes this.
  3. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice to see he's willing to "trade" around the Western Electric broadcast transmitter. That tells me there's hope he's not entirely departing the hobby.

4. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

I remember reading that story. It gave me the same nauseous feeling. Kinda like when the BC station near here trashed the BC1-F to the metal recycler because no-one responded to their offer to give it away to whomever would remove it from the transmitter building; the only place they had publicised its availability was on their station's Facebook page.

5. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Id be interested in the TS-950SDX but would need someone to verify its fully operating condition on all bands/modes. And if it could be shipped if I supply a KW box? I have the 950SD and have been looking for the SDX.

Carl

6. W7TFO

W7TFO Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, ask Gary!

73DG

7. WD5GWY

WD5GWY Ham Member QRZ Page

8. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

James that's excellent; glad you got through to him. Garry got back to me eventually but it took a few days. He's swamped not surprisingly.

9. AA3EH

AA3EH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello,

Gary would know the answer to this question. I'm setting up a vintage station with a Globe Chief 90 CW transmitter and a NC-173 receiver. Does he have a Dow-Key Antenna Relay that would work for this station set up. If so, let me know.

Al