Sainsmart Pi Star and FT-991a Issues: Multiple Rooms and Room Order

Discussion in 'RFinderPi - Open Source radio interface based on R' started by WF4USN, Nov 26, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
  1. WF4USN

WF4USN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

When I connect to Wires X over a local repeater the "All" function brings up the rooms list for the node ordered by users in the room and the "direct" function works as advertised.

However when I connect via my MDVDM Pi Star hotspot by Sainsmart the rooms show up in alphabetical order, it won't recognize the "direct" function and most aggravatingly after the 1st 20 room data load the following ones bring up 5 copies of each subsequent room in the alpha order.

Anyone else run into this? I suspect I have a configuration setting on the hot spot wrong somewhere but can't figure out where.

2. KM6IRY

KM6IRY Ham Member QRZ Page

I also have this same issue and haven't been able to figure it out. Mine just runs repeats of the first 20 in groups as you describe over and over as new 20 line groups load. Frustrating.

3. NK8I

NK8I XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Running into that also, any fixes or setting changes work?

4. KJ7OMD

KJ7OMD Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you have Wires X passthrough enabled in the Pi-Star configuration?

5. KM6IRY

KM6IRY Ham Member QRZ Page

I have tried it with the passthrough on and off with same results. FT-3DR works fine, so I have chalked it up to a radio issue and don't use it for Fusion.

6. KJ7OMD

KJ7OMD Ham Member QRZ Page

I found that I have to have it disabled. Something I stumbled on was that in the config of the pi-star set the default room to none. Boot your pi-star then connect the radio and then select the first room from the pi-star admin page.
    After that the radio seams to pull up the lists. I had to do this because the radio had issues connecting to the pi-star. I can not go direct from the radio still.