ad: AbAuRe-1

Saga of an “Atch-T-Fortee” (Hallicrafters HT-40) Custom Build

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by AC0OB, Sep 1, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The “Atch-T-Fortee” (Hallicrafters HT-40) transmitter is an able platform on which to experiment.

So here are the trials, tribulations, and theory of one custom build.

Pheel

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Very cool, Pheel - but could you perhaps consider posting the progress here in actual posts? Not all users can or will download an attachment to read.

Just a thought - would make it easier for a lot of folks to read and follow....

Dave
    W7UUU

3. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Dave, I am not sure what you are asking?

The build has been completed and tested and the text and schematics for each stage's build support each other.

PDF's are easy to download and print out, thus allowing the reader to read and study the build.

Pheel

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

For many. But not for all.

It was just a suggestion

Dave
    W7UUU

5. W7IMM

W7IMM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Pheel,

Again, THANKS!

Dave, it's a simple single "click" (using just about any browser) to view or download.

If one has Adobe Acrobat Reader (on windows) or other PDF viewer on any Linux or even the MAC, that single click will open a window giving a choice to view in the installed browser (Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari and others) or "save as" on the desktop, download or documents folder etc!

The HT-40 improvements are really great because there are definately some minor shortcomings that when "fixed" make it a pretty nice transmitter!

I made my first CW contact as a Novice (WN6IMM) in early 1971 on the HT-40 and then later in the year as WB6IMM on "Phone" (20m AM).

I also have the SX140 receiver to go with it now (originally had an SX96 but always wanted the 140) Both are in what I would call collector condition, easily the best condx Hallicrafters gear I have! (My HT-33 Mark-I is a close second though!)

Thanks again Pheel! thumb.gif

AC0OB likes this.