Sad day now no steppIR in the uk

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by G0WYD, Sep 5, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. G0WYD

G0WYD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Martin

I have spoken to steppIR and they have all but said they are not that bothered, really sad as I said I would be there outlet in the uk if they wanted me to be and all for a small fee each year to cover my storage.

but the have not replied in some time.

sad I know.

and the offer still stand this end.

AJ4GQ likes this.
  2. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

It's a matter of economics. Since you feel so strongly about this, perhaps you should approach them about becoming a stocking dealer? It shouldn't take much. All you would have to do is arrange for some storage and business facilities, order and pay for a large stock of inventory and spare parts, hire some office and technical staff, devise and run a marketing campaign, etc. Shouldn't take more than a 200, 000 or 300,00 Euro or Pound investment to tide you over for the first year or two. :)

2E0TTQ likes this.
  3. N1IPU

N1IPU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I can see how that will affect UK hams in a big way as your usable space for antennas is small in comparison to most. Just going to have to back door it. Like having a contact in japan is handy for us here. You would do better to do something like that.
    I would consider trying to be the parts guy for those who already have them and finding ways of finding the support guy to get what you need. I used those methods in other industries for machine support when the manufactures pulled out of the US market.
    Is it worth driving a van to the EU suppliers? What are your limits to personal use in crossing back in? Where there's a will there's a way.

4. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

What countries in EU are stocking dealers and how "bad" are shipping rates to the UK?

Bring back the old smuggling from France, Ireland, and a few others up North.