ad: wmr-1

RX Receive problem with my diamond X510HDM

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by HZ1TB, Oct 20, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
  1. HZ1TB

HZ1TB Ham Member QRZ Page

hi evrey one ,I bought two weeks ago diamond x510hdm base station antenna and I put it on 6 meters metal mast، It's good in TX transmission, but in RX reception is very bad, weak signal and I wonder if there is a solution or maby someone had sam problem with this antenna if this is the case with this antenna. Thanks.
    The radio I used icom 2300H

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I believe it's impossible for an antenna to transmit well and not receive equally well on VHF-UHF where atmospheric noise levels are very, very low.

Sounds to me like a bad connection somewhere. It's rare, but possible for a bad or oxidized connection to become conductive enough with transmitting power (current, which might be close to an ampere when transmitting but almost nothing when receiving) yet not be conductive enough to pass microwatt level signals.

That's a pretty rare case. I suspect something else is wrong. The Diamond has no routine problems.

3. W9IQ

W9IQ Ham Member QRZ Page

A very common problem with this class of antennas is failure to properly fasten together the internal antenna elements. Make certain all ends are bright and shiny, loosen the set screw on the collar, insert the element and then tighten the set screw quite tight. Pull on the newly inserted element to make sure the set screw is holding it firmly in place. Repeat the same procedure with the element on the other end of the collar. Then do all of this again for the other collar and its element ends.

- Glenn W9IQ

4. HZ1TB

HZ1TB Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you all my friends and I will do what you suggested.