RW4HFN Antennas

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by RW4HFN, Oct 11, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. RW4HFN

RW4HFN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello! Welcome to my page on QRZ.RU!
    Ready to answer for any question about my antennas.

K0UO, KB0QIP and AK5B like this.
  2. M0AGP

M0AGP Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for posting the link Igor. I see some interesting things in there - one that looks like a variation of a "fan vertical", and one that looks like an asymmetrical off center fed bowtie antenna for HF!

Google translate struggles hilariously with some of the Russian - I doubt that any of your antennas have "hemorrhoids" for example :D

SA1CKE and AK5B like this.
  3. M0AGP

Is this one (the Pyridon?) basically a fan vertical with a set of radials with loading coils? Interesting upload_2020-10-11_11-49-16.png

AK5B likes this.
  4. M0AGP

Apologies - my mistake - this is the Pyramidon upload_2020-10-11_11-51-52.png
    I have definitely not seen this before! (For viewers: here is the link )

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    K0UO and RW4HFN like this.
  5. RW4HFN

6. M0AGP

OK, interesting.
    And the AsDip looks like it is what we would refer to as an elevated "fan vertical", with three resonant vertical elements, but this antenna has a single tuned radial for every band, maybe with loading coils in the radials to shorten them? And we attach a choke (also called a "current balun") between the vertical and the coax to mainly stop common mode currents. Is this about right?

7. RW4HFN

Absolutely. The coil shorts radial and adjusts it in the first approximation. Fine adjustment - by telescopic radial .
    We use simple cable choke about 1000 Ohm \ lowest working frequency. For example its 6-7 m of cable for 40m. Routine or exotic. )
    IMG_20200609_204818.jpg

8. M0AGP

Interesting. Do you find that shortening the radials using a loading coil decreases the bandwidth of the antenna, for example as measured by the distance in frequency between 2:1 SWR points?

9. M0AGP

Also on the Pyramidon, it is difficult to see exactly how the feedpoint works, as there are 4 wires going into that red circle. Can you give us some more info on the feedpoint connection please? Maybe a “zoomed in” view so we can see what connections are made?

AK5B likes this.
  10. RW4HFN

Of course, decreases... But bandwidth of "standart" AsDip enough
    for HAMs (350 kHz \ SWR=2 on 20m). "Special" AsDip 2-3 times wider.
    Zoomed in. imgonline-com-ua-2to1-YPQRJxXcnL9b1YDp.jpg