RV Field Day Plans?

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by N3AWS, May 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
  1. WD5IKX

WD5IKX Ham Member QRZ Page

W6ZXY likes this.
  2. W6ZXY

W6ZXY Ham Member QRZ Page

3. K0VWA

K0VWA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm hoping we can be out camping that weekend. Camping areas here in Colorado have been overrun post-lockdown. Regardless if it's tent or trailer though, I'll carry the rig and at least do some casual operating - 20M phone and maybe some other bands if I feel like jinking with the Buddipole setup.

Good luck and 73 everyone,
    Carl - K0VWA

N3AWS likes this.
  4. K5QBX

K5QBX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I will be operating FD in my RV at Metfield Park in Bella Vista, AR as K5Z. My friend, Royce, KE5TC, will be operating a separate station in the RV as K5T. This is possible thanks to Steve, K5SAW, loaning us his band pass filters. We used them in the RV at Winter Field Day this past January and had no problems with interference when operating on different bands.

73 and good luck with FD, Fred
    K5Z (K5QBX)

camper_shack.jpg

N3AWS and K0VWA like this.
  5. KF7YED

KF7YED Ham Member QRZ Page

N3AWS likes this.
  6. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't operate field day from an RV but I did buy an RV on Saturday morning and then operated 1D from home for the rest of the weekend.

We got a 2017 Winnebago Minne Winnie 31K. Me and partner and four cats are ready to hit the road, maybe even full time. We're newbies so lots of things to learn. I'm not sure what ham radio stuff will go in it. That's kind of low on the priorities right now.

N3AWS likes this.
  7. W1GHD

W1GHD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Welcome to the RV family. We’ll be in your neck of the woods with our motorhome in a couple of weeks, camping with friends in Richmond.

N3AWS likes this.
  8. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page