ad: vanity

Running the MicroHam USB Router in Parallels on Mac OS X?

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by K5PO, Jan 30, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K5PO

K5PO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Has anyone successfully run the MicroHam USB Router in Parallels (or another virtualization tool) on Mac OS X?

I'd like to make the switch to Mac OS in the shack but the Microham gear is fully integrated into my station and the USB router is key to making it all work.

I have a Yaesu FTdx-5000 partnered with a MicroHam MicroKeyer III for digital mode and band decoding duties and a MicroHam Station Master for antenna switching duties.

Any other ideas that might allow these pieces of hardware to be effectively integrated would also be appreciated.

2. DL2RUM

DL2RUM Ham Member QRZ Page

I’m afraid, your Mac software can’t access your hardware connected to Windows.

3. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

As Tom pointed out, any software running on macOS won't be able to talk to the USB router program in Parallels. Both Tom's logger (RUMlogNG) and MacLoggerDX have some limited support for the MicroKeyer II and the DigiKeyer products, but I don't think any support Station Master. There is a macOS partial replacement for USB Router developed by W7AY and known as uH Router but it hasn't been updated since 2011.

The MicroHam products are very solidly tied to Windows and they have expressed zero interest in porting it over to macOS. That's their choice, but unfortunately that means that their customers are also locked into Windows as well.