RumLogNG, K3s and WSJT-X in FT8 mode

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by K9JRI, May 22, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K9JRI

K9JRI Ham Member QRZ Page

When I have RUMlogNG control the K3s and WSJT-X communicate with RUMlogNg via DX Labs Suite Commander the K3s is always placed in the USB mode rather than Data. The option in WSJT-X (data/pkt) is chosen correctly. If JT-Bridge is running the same thing occurs in that the K3s is placed in the USB mode.

When WSTJ-X is talking directly to the K3s it correctly places the radio in the data mode.

Have I missed an option or is this just a Commander anomaly?

Very 73 - Mike - K9JRI

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Check your RUMlog preferences for the rig. As I recall, you have the option to set the receiver mode for certain modes. I think the options vary by the rig type. For my 7610, I can choose the mode for PSK, for RTTY, and for other digital modes. On the 7610, I can select USB-Data. I'm not sure what the choices may be for the K3S, but check it out. I'm not certain this is the solution, but give it a look.

3. DL2RUM

DL2RUM Ham Member QRZ Page

In cooperation with WSJT-X RUMlog sets the Mode you have selected to use for PSK. This should be DATA A for the K3. See the CAT section: http://dl2rum.de/RUMlogNG/docs/en/pages/WSJT.html

Only the IC-7610 has a dedicated mode setting option for WSJT-X

K3DCW likes this.
  4. K9JRI

Yes, the mode was set for DATA A in RUMlog and also in JT-Bridge. Everything functions correctly except that when I change bands within WSJT-X the radio is placed on the correct frequency via RUMlog but the K3s's mode is not changed to DATA. It remains set for whatever had been last selected for that band (USB, LSB. AM....) and the Split unction is not turned on. My recollection was that it should set the mode and split.

I am still using the "RUMlogND_Test.app that you sent me a week ago.

5. DL2RUM

DL2RUM Ham Member QRZ Page

Do not let do JT-Bridge any CAT functions, better you quitt it for tests. RUMlog doesn't support split with WSJT-X. You have to select "Fake It" for "Split Operation"

6. K9JRI

Tom, Thanks for the comments and the latest test version you sent to me fixed that issue.

Thanks again.