RumLogNG and WSJT-X

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by WB0KSL, May 19, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WB0KSL

WB0KSL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just about have RumLogNG and WSJT-X playing nicely together with my IC-7300 and a new iMac. The last (I hope) issues are that when completing an FT8 QSO and logging it, the signal reports from WSJT-X in the “db” format (as in -12 etc) are not brought over to RumLogNG. RumLogNG defaults to 599 and 599. Also, RumLogNG logs the rig (base) frequency ( ie 10.136) rather than the base frequency plus the audio offset... Is this normal, or have I missed something? Thanks, all.

73 de wb0ksl, John

2. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Which program is controlling the radio? If Rumlog, it would have no idea what the audio offset would be. While I use Aether (a different log program), I allow WSJT-X to control the radio, and JT-Bridge to real-time transfer the just logged entry to Aether. The logged frequency is precisely what you'd expect it to be.

3. WB0KSL

Thanks for the reply. Yes, Rumlog is controlling the radio, and that would make sense, yet there is communication between WSJT-X and Rumlog both ways regarding rig frequency control. A band change in WSJT-X is reflected at both Rumlog and the radio. I guess I just assumed that since WSJT-X is passing other QSO information detail, such as callsign etc., to Rumlog, that it would be passing the detailed frequency and signal report information as well. Not a big hurdle, by any means, but it did make me wonder.

73 de wb0ksl, John

4. K8AJS

K8AJS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I ran WSJT-X with RUMlog that way for a while, running FT8. I don't remember my exact settings, but I know that I was getting the db numbers in the RUMlog report fields, so it is possible for that to happen.

I'm not connected to the radio right now (I'm in Dayton at the Hamvention), but if you don't find the correct setting to make it work, I'll be able to check mine when I get home on Monday and possibly determine the difference.

Hope this helps.

5. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Check the UDP preferences in RUMlogNG. I can't recall the exact title of the setting, but something like "log from WSJT-X". I think this is what you need. JTBridge also handles this all flawlessly.

6. WB0KSL

K3DCW, that was it! Many thanks!

73 de wb0ksl, John

K3DCW likes this.
  7. DL2RUM

DL2RUM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Currently there is a disadvantage (for some users) when WSJT-X saves QSOs directly in RUMlog. It's "fire and forget" but RUMlog saves data coming from WSJT-X only. I'm just testing a modification, where all data from WSJT-X and all qrz.com data are filled in. The disadvantage here: You have to save the QSO manually by
    hitting the "Enter" key.

8. WB0KSL

Thanks. I’ll watch for a possible update. I’m still in early days with Rumlog, but so far, I like it very well. Donation to follow shortly!

73 de wb0ksl, John