ad: M2Ant-1

RUMLogNG and FLDigi

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by M7JDJ, Mar 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. M7JDJ

M7JDJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi All,

I currently have my IC-7300 setup with RUMLogNG and WSJT-X, using the DX Lab Suite Commander rig setting on WSJT-X. Other than WSJT-X freezing a few times it seems to work ok, however I am struggling to link in FLDigi. I’ve done quite a bit of googling, but I can’t seem to work it out. As I understand it there is an apple script for the logging but I can’t work out the PTT and cat control.

Does anybody else have experience with this combination?

James

2. AF9US

AF9US Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

James, M7JDJ:

From W1HKJ web site: http://www.w1hkj.com, there are groups for the fl suite of programs on groups.io web site. Here is the list:

General usage support for Linux, Unix, OS X : Join 'linuxham' at groups.io

NBEMS support for Windows, Linux, Unix & OS X: Join 'nbems' at groups.io

Support group for Windows users of fldigi: Join 'winfldigi' at groups.io.

There may be reference to the interactions of RUMLogNG, WSJT-X with fldigi in the archives. Of the programs you mentioned, I am familiar with fldigi only.

Regards,
    Bernie, AF9US

M7JDJ likes this.
  3. DL2RUM

DL2RUM Ham Member QRZ Page

RUMlog can send CAT data to Fldigi using the XML-RPC protocol. Please note, only TRX#1 is supported. See the µHAM/Fldigi tab in the Preferences:
    • Host should be localhost or 127.0.0.1 when running Fldigi on the same machine.
    • The Port is 7362 by default in Fldigi.
    • Enable the option Send data to Fldigi
    • Enable the option Use RUMlog for PTT
    In earlier Fldigi versions you have to enable XML-RPC first.

RUMlog can control the PTT when commanded from Fldigi. In the TRX#1 Preferences select a PTT option fitting your needs.

73 de Tom, DL2RUM

M7JDJ likes this.
  4. M7JDJ

Thanks, that’s a big improvement, Fldigi can now PTT and sees the frequency selected on the radio. I still can’t control the frequency from Fldigi, I may have to fiddle a bit more to get that to work.

James M7JDJ

5. DL2RUM

DL2RUM Ham Member QRZ Page

You can’t do it this way.

6. M7JDJ

Aha fair enough.

RUMlog is great piece of software and thanks for the help, I can see why people are so complimentary about the support!