RTTY anyone?

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by K2CQW, Sep 8, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: L-rfparts
  1. K2CQW

K2CQW Ham Member QRZ Page

I have configured fldigi for rtty. I was able to decode a W1AW bulletin however I haven'the heard any other signals. Is there anybody out there? Love work you, I'm in southern Delaware, K2CQW.

K3RW likes this.
  2. KB3FEI

KB3FEI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I like working rtty, and am just getting some bugs out of my digital station. I'm in New Castle. Email me at my call sign at Gmail and we will set up something. (If you don't mind working Delaware DX.) de kb3fei, dale.

3. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing wrong with RTTY John been active from time to time over the years lately however find that PSK 31 to be similar in operation and a reliable mode maybe more activity at least from what I have observed on bands like 40 and 20 .

4. K2CQW

Ooh, rare dx on a new mode. I will email shortly. I love you man. 73

5. K2CQW

Yeah, I got psk31 last August(2016) and liked, since been doing jt65& jt9. Thought I'd try rtty for the heck of it. 73

6. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

The CQWW RTTY is on Sept 23-24. Great event, one of my favorites.

K2CQW likes this.
  7. K2CQW

Success! Nice ragchew tonight with Dale, kb3fei, my first rtty contact. Thanks Dale, I love you man

8. K5TRI

K5TRI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Did you call CQ?

9. K2CQW

I've had a contact with kb3fei, so it works. Thanks

10. KJ4TX

KJ4TX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was going to try and receive some of the RTTY during the contest this weekend but I can't figure out what flavor and speed of RTTY people are using. I'm using HDR and DM780 and tried all the speeds it has available and though I got the red line traces and letters, none of it decoded correctly.

I would think that anyone working the contest would try to be as standardized as possible to insure they get as many contacts as possible but I've not found any information on what will be the most popular speed of RTTY this weekend. Does anyone know?

Mike