RTTY and FT8 on Yaesu FT-450D on 60M

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by AC2QH, Nov 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. AC2QH

AC2QH Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anyone know any way to get a Yaesu FT-450D to transmit RTTY or FT8 on the 60M memory channels? I have seen youtube videon about removing a diode to allow transmission on all HF freqs. Will that do it or is there a simple way to get the rig to do it?

2. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Take a look starting on page 60 in your manual. 60 meter channels are already programmed into the memory channels in the FT-450D.

K4AGO likes this.
  3. AC2QH

Yes the channels are pre-programmed, but do not provide for data modes, only USB ans CW seems to be allowed

4. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Use a Signalink for digital modes with the rig in the USB (upper sideband) setting have no problem.

5. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

you can use USB for FT 8... becareful about what sounds you allow to be passed

6. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

double double

7. AC2QH

Unfortunately that would require inputting the FT8 audio into the front cat5 style mic connection and then getting the PTT to trigger. I would like to get the RTTY or FT8 signals into the rig with the rear data in/out jacks so I could use them without a mess of re-patching. The other bands allow using the MODE selector to select the data mode and the function selector to choose USB, LSB or RTTY. I have been seeing more FT8 on 60M these days.

8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

While I don't recall operating RTTY on 60 meters FT-8 via the Signalink and the rear data jack on the FT-450D in the upper sideband mode works just fine on that band.

9. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Agree, about all the digital mode does is to narrow the Tx bandwidth and mute the mic.

K3XR likes this.
  10. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

All that is required to use FT8 and other soundcard modes is USB. If you can set the rig to USB on 60 meters, you can work FT8 there.

K3XR likes this.