RT VX-6 programing

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by K1JJN, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K1JJN

K1JJN Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey all,

I've been having trouble trying to program my Yeasu VX-6. I have the RT software with the newer USB cable. I have the correct Com Port selected and attached cable to the radio properly (it does not have a "screw-down" style plug like the older cables). After setting up the program to read the radio (nothing programed in it), I go through the steps to have the radio send its information. After about a minute I get "ERROR" on the screen. It seems like it's timing out for some reason. Also I have had the radio fully charged before I try to connect it from the software.

Any suggestions?

2. KE5MC

KE5MC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

With version 4 software using their USB cable you should not have to select a port. I use their software and cable for several radios and it is plug and play.

Mike

3. K1JJN

K1JJN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks Mike. When I plug it in, it auto-picks COM5 is what I meant to say and I checked my hardware profile to make sure it is there. I think I might have a problem with the mini plug end of the cable. A friend of mine has the same radio and software as I do so I was going to see if it he could get a read from the radio. I wasn't sure if I was missing a step or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.