ad: Radclub22-1

RT 66 OTA Starts Saturday, Sept 12th

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by NF7E, Sep 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K8SQB

K8SQB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

By that same yardstick I'm practically on Rt66 myself. ;)

K0UO likes this.
  2. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

watching for W6J on 40M FT8 now. Seeing stations call him, but not a PEEP here! maybe he will QSB up or maybe he is QRP. Praying for atleast a -23!

Stroud OK is EM15, watching for other EM15 station to show I have propagation to there. East Coast is working him!

Bunches of RT66 stations on 40M FT8 tonight!! Dave W7UUU is getting several

Rats!!! Hearing all the stations around him, W6I and W6K coming in great!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

That's where I got 'em last night - 40 FT8.... no competition - was super easy but I'm sure I caught him "early on" maybe

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Anyone looking - W6H is on 40 FT8 right now... (0248 UTC)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  5. W7UUU

W6J is on RIGHT NOW calling CQ on 40 FT8

W6B and W6P also - all on 40 FT8

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  6. WA6MHZ

listenning, looking hard!
    My eyes are starting to close. I am konking out!! Been here by the computer and radio since 4AM chasing them!
    Not seeing anyone call him. Maybe he went to bed
    I should too, as I have to be up at 4 AM again tomorrow!

7. K8SQB

K8SQB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I saw J on 40, just briefly. He's got poor propagation to the west. I think he's trying to work eastward. Only luck today has been H and I, which I had before, but now on 30m.

Still can't hear A, followed him all over the place today and signal has a hard time coming in where I'm at.

8. KR3DX

KR3DX Ham Member QRZ Page

Route 66 On The Air seems to be one of the more popular annual special events. Propagation hasn't been too good so far, making it even more difficult to work some of the stations. As usual for the past several years, there are some stations that seem to be on the air almost continuously, while there are a few others that will show up only for the last couple of hours on the last day of the event. The operators of those stations will make about 1 QSO every 2 minutes, tediously repeating the same elaborate set of information to each and every station that they work. They'll act as if they're having a casual rag-chew, seemingly oblivious to the fact that they're the object of a pile-up with hundreds of stations eager to work them. And so it goes, year after year..........

9. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Finally got U last night. That's a Sweep. And no FT-8.

WA6MHZ and W7UUU like this.
  10. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

W6A (Santa Monica) active now on 14036 - nice signal into SW Ala.

11. WA6MHZ

Tears on my MICROPHONE!!!
    heard W6J excellent on 14244, called with the KILLERWATT and BEAM, but he couldn't hear me and went QRT

12. WA6MHZ

Most don't seem to be hardened Contesters or DXers. Just regular Hams who are told: "here work this pileup". Many are quite overwhelmed by the Voracious Hams calling (including me)!!

FT8 pileups are much more subdued, and NO "PLEASE COPY" on FT8!

13. K5JXO

K5JXO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Try tomorrow after 4pm CST

14. WA6MHZ

thanks!!! I will be there!!!

15. K5JXO

K5JXO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Last weekend there was a ton of east coast contacts but still had some west coast also. It was probably 7:1 E vs W. Bunch of west Canada though, kinda weird conditions. NY and NJ said we were blowing their ears out during greyline