ad: Radclub22-1

RT 66 OTA Starts Saturday, Sept 12th

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by NF7E, Sep 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. NF7E

NF7E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The 21st Annual Rt 66 on the Air starts next Friday eve at 00:00Z and runs through Sept 20th. This year there will be 21 stations with special 1x1 callsigns(W6A thru W6Q).
    Once again, the Northern Arizona DX Association will have 3 stations on the air- W6G from Flagstaff and two rovers -W6S -Rover 1 will be heading east of Flagstaff stopping at many points of interest & operating daily.
    W6T (Rover #2)will start in Bellemont, Az on old RT 66 and later will be in Parks, Az. Be sure to work our 3 stations and then get the 3 QSL cards that, when line up side by side, will have a early maps of RT 66 in our area, along with photos of places we operate and one long Ham Radio Burma Shave sign that extends over the 3 cards.
    Also, this year we will be using our new modern club trailer (Rover 2)with 3 operating positions in it. One for SSB, one for Digi, and one for CW, with both deep cycle batteries, solar panel, generator, tri-band and wire antennas! So, try to work all 21 stations and get a beautiful certificate from the Citrus Belt ARC. Each station will have individual QSLs for their callsign. C U in the pileups on Old RT 66! 73 Bob, NF7E
    over the 3 QSLs!

Attached Files:

K0UO, K8SQB, WA6MHZ and 1 other person like this.
  2. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Working hard at it! 5 logged so far on FT8!

3. K8SQB

K8SQB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Seeing them pop up, great there's another weekend utterly shot. ;)

4. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

Spent the last two hours on 20 and 40, and have only worked five
    so far.
    Lucky to have worked the two rovers, which have always been
    tough for me.
    Always a fun event.

5. K8SQB

6. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

up to 10. hurting for close in ones, hope they get on 80 or 40M during the day for us suffering 6s! So far, 100% on FT8!

7. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Working a few so far - all on SSB at this point.

I don't get all crazy on this one... but I do hope Pat gets his "clean sweep" - I know this is a tough one for him and one he really likes to get - they're just too doggone CLOSE! NVIS baby - that's where it would be at!!

Good luck Pat.... I'll be rootin' for ya!

Dave
    W7UUU

N7ANN likes this.
  8. AD5HR

I am up to 12 stations, 8 on SSB, and 4 on CW.
    W6B was on 80 CW, and W6M was on 40 CW this morning
    around sunrise.
    I,J,K, and L will be the tough ones from here, unless I can
    hear them on 40 or 80.

9. K8RC

K8RC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Still looking for W6D, W6F, W6L & W6Q for the sweep.

K8SQB likes this.
  10. NF4Z

NF4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Route 66 Special Event. There are a group of us from one of the many 75 meter Frequency groups that meet nightly, that are dedicated to working the multi-day Special Events. Route 66 is one of the best. With the sun-spot cycle at the bottom, and not having a dedicated 20m wire and having to tune the 75/40 wire, it can be challenging trying to find the West Coast Stations. But the magic of Ham Radio lives on...MD

N5ILQ likes this.
  11. K8SQB

Up to 9 this morning. Tried to get one, but the operator seemed more interested in DXing, faded before I could get in there. Picked up OKC, with the morning coffee.

12. KI5BMX

KI5BMX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Im operating as W6I, I have gone from 17m to 80m. I anyone needs me tell me where to be and Ill show up.

13. AD5HR

Up to 16.
    Worked G on 20 fone, P on 30 CW, I and R on 40 fone.
    Have fun!

14. K8RC

K8RC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Done for the night. Have 18. Still need D L & Q.

CU tomorrow.

15. K8SQB

Something rotten in west to west propagation, normally SoCal and AZ are booming right in and I have to beat them back with a coil of LMR-400. Nothing all weekend.

I did manage Flagstaff (W6G) and Rover 2 (W6T) after a lot of chasing and patience. Up to 13. Alas, it's back to work tomorrow, but I'll be seeing who is on in the evenings.

KJ4BFH likes this.