RSGB Online Examinations

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by M1MRB, Nov 30, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. M1MRB

M1MRB Ham Member QRZ Page

2. 2M0JST

2M0JST Ham Member QRZ Page

100's of exam centres?

3. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

It would be possible to allow people to do the exam online, alone at home. I've done a certification exam for work that way. The security is taken pretty seriously. You need a camera and microphone and someone watches you for the whole time. The camera needs to see your eyes and hands. You can't wear a watch. They use some sort of face recognition for identification that you setup a few days earlier.

These are the requirements and how it works:
    https://www.kryteriononline.com/sites/default/files/docs/PreparingForYourExam.pdf

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  4. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not a big fan of online training, but this is an interesting development.

5. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

This is testing, not training.

6. VA3VF

I know, but it'll make online training even more convenient now. Both train and do your exams at home.

Still, not a fan of online training and/or online testing.:D

I'm not saying it's the worst there is, but my ITIL testing is not an experience that I want to relive, given the choice. I passed on my first try, by the way.:D

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  7. M0XRD

M0XRD Ham Member QRZ Page

Done mine at the RSGB convention in October 2017. All professional and friendly atmosphere and found out that I had passed on the day.
    Carol & Lynn at the RSGB were very helpful in the weeks following the exam.
    Keep up the good work.
    Regards
    Wayne
    M0XRD.

8. MW1CFN

MW1CFN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Eh? What? Oh, sorry Dave and co. I must 'ave fallen t'sleep!

9. M6LVM

M6LVM Ham Member

Difficult to do the practical part of the test if you’re on line testing.

10. VA3VF

It all depends how practical you really want it to be. I remember (over 15 years ago) when Cisco had simulators that were almost like the real thing. Granted that not everything can be simulated, a lot can.

M6LVM and MW1CFN like this.