RS-BA1 USB device not recognized

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KE9T, Nov 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KE9T

KE9T Ham Member QRZ Page

I have just purchased RS-BA1 software for my IC-7300. I have installed it on a desktop running windows 7. I have followed the driver instructions exactly. It seemed to have installed, but every time I power up the radio I get a popup on windows that the USB driver is not recognized. It then waits a few seconds and recogizes it and shows up in the device manager. It seems to work fine after that, but it is an every power up process. I have even done a clean install of windows 7, same thing. I am having problems connecting remotely, I get an error of comm port not recognized. The server and radio connects fine remotely, but when I try to use the control software I cannot connect. I would appreciate any ideas, Thanks.

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you using a USB Hub ?

3. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

just a couple of ideas- some may seem dumb
    did you install the driver & software "as administrator"
    I use a 9100 with RS-BA1 on WIN7Pro and I get a com error if I call up the remote control program before the 9100 is powered on
    do your com ports change addresses after they reconnect, seems to be something isnt set as default or permanent or a conflict
    I'm using RS-Ba1 version 1.96 - ICOM in BC recommended that when I initially inquired about the radio. Version 1.93 was shipped
    Doesnt help your problem with the driver but I've installed it on this Dell Tower, a Dell 6410E laptop both win7pro, still trying to get it to connect on Linux Mint and...
    Just got it working on my old D600 laptop using XP. Aparently I never installed the USB drivers, must have been trying it as a remote

there is a good group on https://groups.io/g/rs-ba1
    if you do a search for groups on there you will find a few 7300
    https://groups.io/g/ic-7300 most popular
    https://groups.io/g/Icom7300

can you let us know if you get it corrected

YF8RQN likes this.
  4. KE9T

KE9T Ham Member QRZ Page

I did install as admin, no on the hub, I am willing to try, but I don’t really understand the difference it could make, not quite as pc literate as I used to be.

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

A hub may or may not help. But worth a try.

A true plug and play hub may work, Because the Hub contains the I/O driver.

6. KE9T

KE9T Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok thanks, worth a shot.

7. G0GSR

G0GSR Ham Member QRZ Page

The "unrecognised device" is likely to be the undocumented USB device that the IC-7300's all have in addition to the USB serial port and CODEC.
    This is on port 3 of the internal hub and I suspect is used in the factory but not fully disabled in the production firmware. The serial port and CODEC are both active as soon as DC power is applied to the radio whereas the unknown device only appears when the radio is powered ON.

If your "unknown" error appears only after the radio is powered ON then it is this third, mystery device that Icom themselves don't seem to know about :-(

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?posts/5151224/

Frank

8. KE9T

KE9T Ham Member QRZ Page

So is this mysterious device a problem and could this be related to me not being able to connect remotely? What can I do to fix it?

9. G0GSR

G0GSR Ham Member QRZ Page

No, doesn't affect normal operations.
    But do you get the error when the radio is powered on when DC is connected with the radio OFF?

Frank

10. KE9T

KE9T Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, each time I power up the radio, until the additional drivers load. I think it ends up saying software did not load correctly. The program still works fine in the local machine. Just have not been able to make it work remotely.