ad: elecraft

RS-BA1 Issue

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by DV9HRV, Sep 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. DV9HRV

DV9HRV Ham Member QRZ Page

I have the RS-BA1 connected on my old computer but didn't use it for how many months, now that i have a new computer it doesn't allow me to edit the connect setting in the remote control but the remote utility works. it's locked!

New Laptop.jpg

what i did is i opened the old laptop again and the remote control works when i connected the 7100, but wont able me to edit the connect settings, it's already locked although the parameters like the CIV baud rate, ports, radio model was correct but it's locked for editing. on the other hand on my new laptop i can't able to change any of the parameters

old laptop.jpg

theres no way for me to edit the parameters, is this an issue with license?

Please someone help me

Thanks,

CLint
    W0/DV9HRV
    South Dakota 57551

2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you connected to the rig while you are trying to edit it?

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

What is your new computer OS ?

Do you and the program have admin privileges ?

4. DV9HRV

still same windows 10, for the old computer i even didnt touch the remote utility coz i only need the remote control side, i remember i just edit the control settings and it connects to the IC-7100 right away,

what do you mean with the program admin privileges?

5. DV9HRV

This is the remote utility side which i can edit, but the remote control settings i cannot edit

utility.jpg

6. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He means, "Do you have it set to 'run as administrator'?"

7. DV9HRV

i believe so, there is no problem with my old laptop i was able to edit last time but now i am not able to edit the parameters although my IC-7100 works with RS-BA1, i dont know if the reason why it was locked is because i installed it on the newer laptop which i believe is the 3rd computer to which i isntalled the rs-ba1 (License issue)?

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you add the program to your Windows Firewall Exception list ?

9. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

any time i have seen connection settings greyed out has been when the remote control is connected - i click the power button to disconnect it and then edit the settings. Your issue probably has to do with it still being connected or attempting to connect.

W4NNF likes this.
  10. DV9HRV

thank you so much it already works!!!! you just stopped me from buying a new RS-BA1...