RS-BA1 and IC-7300

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by K8SAW, Aug 24, 2016.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K8SAW

K8SAW Ham Member QRZ Page

I can get the RS-BA1 to connect to the IC-7300 and everything seems to work when I connect from a remote computer.

However, once you transmit from the remote computer you can no longer transmit from the radio using the mic. This is still true if I disconnect the remote from the computer.

I tried turning the radio on and off and even discounted the computer and it will not transmit. The only way I can get it to work again is do a partial reset on the IC-7300.

Anyone have any ideas?

Shawn

2. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't feel so bad... I cannot get mine to work at all (just basic rig control at this point. USB). It finally did connect to the radio and it locked up the IC7300 and I had to do a complete reset of the IC7300 to get the radio working again. To much BS for me this time of the year, maybe this winter I will look at it again. Just cannot believe that something that is supposed to be so simple turns into a can of worms. After that I got smart and used a SD card to back it all up, I have not yet tested the restore functionality and assume it will work.

3. K8SAW

K8SAW Ham Member QRZ Page

I contacted ICOM and here is the reply I received back. This addressed my issue.

"The the connectors set mode there is a setting DATA OFF MOD and DATA MOD. These two settings define what source is used for the modulation input, when the DATA mode is turned on or off.
    Since the RS-BA1 uses the USB for modulation the DATA OFF MOD is changed to USB. When you shut down RS-BA1 the DATA OFF MOD setting is still set to USB. Change it back to MIC and the microphone will work."

4. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you very much, I will try that.

5. KJ6TOA

KJ6TOA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

did it work.. 4 Dec 2016 I have just spent a full day getting the connections to work.. ICOM'S DOC's STINKS!
    Once I have it working "just on ONE PC the Master" to have RIG control and VIEW the Scope on the LARDER monitor.. it runs for about 3 sec's and then THE RIG just GOES INTO SOME Strange lockup where its like TRANSMITTING but their is now Power to the ANT!!! Can't hear anything, scope looks as if its Trying to TX but I can still key the MIC and AUDIO out that makes WATTAGE! SO What is going going ON! MAN OH MAN did I just waist 100 bucks. and now I see another CT-17 breakout box may work but NO WHERE does it say if this interface will use the RS-BA1 Software or Scope on the Main PC!!
    ANYONE .. help?

6. KJ6TOA

UPDATE .. I do a lot of "what if I do / try this" and just found the FIX!!! OMG no Documentation on this even... in the Menu/Connectors/USB SEND/ NEEDS TO BE IN THE (OFF)!!! its now working just fine.. but will it let me run HRD at the same time using the Same com so I can use that Logging SW.. thats to be seen .. Ok won't let two SW's use same COM PORT .. so I will work on this.. but the HRD Logging SW does work.. the SPOT even works without the CONNECTION Window running So its a Hack and Slash.. but so far its working together .. just have to use the RS-BA1 interface to control the rig.. that has BETTER controls and more then HRD does anyways!

7. KJ6TOA

Screenshot of the working Software and HRD logging... https://scontent.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/15259256_1786285964920877_4950430423942258933_o.jpg

8. KJ6TOA

HERE is my Writeup of what I had to do to get this working with my Main PC win 7 pro 64 bit .. with COM PORT pics and So on.. hope it helps someone.. sorry for Spelling and Grammar but after 2 days of hack & Slash, and what if's and then typing it out before I forgot .. I just left the Spelling/grammar errors for now.. https://www.facebook.com/KJ6TOA/posts/1786352414914232

73. I can't wait to set up the Network Link ;(

9. KJ6TOA

10. KJ6TOA

The one thing I do not like about the Icom Software is good for the link I will try to get another PIC(S) up for the SETUP and then one of the Flex 3000 I am now using .. still have the 7300 .. ICOM SW does not let the user EXPAND the SCREEN to something larger its stuck at one SIZE.. only think I do NOT like about it.
    7/20/2018 will try to get these pics on my face book KJ6TOA page soon.