ad: chuckmartin

RPi ability to do 440 ATV, other ATV bands/modes

Discussion in 'RFinderPi - Open Source radio interface based on R' started by K3RW, Mar 18, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

Just wondering if its possible to use the RPI to run a module/board to get 440AM output. Or even use the RPi as the transmitter.

I've read about some people using SDRs with them, but I got lost in the jargon quickly.

The local repeater guys have been pondering a digital ATV setup and I wondered if the RPi or other microcomputer could be part of the mix to run 70cm, 23 cm, etc. It would be great if it was possible, but not sure how or if it is even possible.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-mWatt-12...hash=item1eb9588bdf:m:mdkwZrL-djp2MIMdS01Blvw

This is an Ebay listing for a FM transmitter. Our repeater is 440 AM in, but 1200 FM out. But for expanding our options into the areas where people don't have LOS to the repeater, but might to ME (for example), not sure if I could use this in conjunction with a RPi to be a repeater.

Could turn out it might need a bunch of other parts to do it, need filtering, definitely an amp, etc., but just wondering if this is a possibility.