ad: Radclub22-1

Route 66 OTA Sept 11 thru Sept 19th

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by NF7E, Sep 10, 2021.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K6WDE

K6WDE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Breaking NEWS! Please see the CBARC page, w6jbt.org, credit will be given for W6F. (Dave, K6WDE)

N8MRB and KR3DX like this.
  2. KR3DX

KR3DX Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe that CBARC did the right thing. Hopefully, W6F will be active in future years. W6V has been on the air a lot on many different bands and modes to make Kingman, AZ available. They deserve a lot of credit and our gratitude. Thank you to the folks who are operating W6V.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    N8MRB likes this.
  3. K2DFC

K2DFC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

According to the message they will be on Wed. through Sun. As of Thurs. morning still a no show. Wonder what kind of problems would keep an entire radio club from having even one operator from getting on the air.

KR3DX likes this.
  4. N1KX

N1KX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Too bad about W6F. I am happy they made a concession that W6F has been absent for most (if not all) of the event period, but I think it might have been more fair simply to give credit for W6V, since Vicki has been on the air quite a bit, including virtually all day Monday 9/13. Either way, I hope they are able in the next 12 months to work out something that will ensure W6F can be active and available next year and each successive year, within reasonable parameters, just as the other volunteer stations are.

This is a great event. I first discovered it in 2012 after resuming "normal ops" after an 8 year hiatus due to a work related move and career transition activities. I missed it a couple of times since then, also for work related issues, but I look forward to it every year. This and the 13 Colonies event are my favorite "local" events after Field Day.

The ops who are working this event have my sincere thanks for putting the event on and working with rabid fans like me and unusual Stateside pileups. It is fun, and even those of us who don't jump in here to say it really appreciate your efforts! Thank you!

K8TE, KE4DIS and KR3DX like this.
  5. KO4CQ

KO4CQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just shut down at 11am edt. Could not hear a single W6 station on 7.066, 7.266, 14.066 or 14.266 from GA. I know band conditions aren’t all that great, but I was hearing other stations. My wire ant does favor north-south, but I’ve easily worked W6R in St. Louis. He is the only W6 I’ve heard.

6. K2DFC

Last night I worked my last one, W6U at 0006z. Still no show for W6F. There was a spot for 7.261 but turned out to be bogus.

Conditions overall have not been that good. Many times I had no copy on stations I normally should hear. My best day was Sat. the 11th. Got 18 of the 22 stations. Took the next five days to get the next three.

N8MRB likes this.
  7. NF7E

NF7E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

IMG_8381.JPG
    IMG_8381.JPG

Attached Files:

K2DFC and KR3DX like this.
  8. NF7E

NF7E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

More photos on our W6T call sign lookup on QRZ.com Check them out!

9. KM4OZ

KM4OZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome! You should sell hot dogs out of that bad boy too!

10. N2ATP

N2ATP Ham Member QRZ Page

For those looking for the w6f station this was put out by the Route 66 Organizers on the website -->
    Route 66 2021
    September 15, 2021 by Webmaster

UPDATE INFORMATION

With the difficulties working W6F, I have decided that we will give you credit for W6F on your certificate/ decal request application. This will be the only way to make sure that those that need this station for a clean sweep will be able to claim it.

My apologies for this issue and hopefully this will help with the frustrations.

Thank you for your patients and understanding. If you have any questions please email me.

Jeff Richardson, Event Coordinator

updated 9/15/21 10:13 PDT

https://w6jbt.org/

11. N8MRB

N8MRB Ham Member QRZ Page

So far cannot make contact with W6O or W6S for clean sweep. In Southern Ohio can't hear most voice with 100w and a Hustler vertical or horizontal wire. Any help appreciated de N8MRB and N8JEN.

12. K2DFC

W6S is on 14.335 right now.

N8JEN likes this.
  13. KO4CQ

KO4CQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I just worked W6M in Kansas. I've worked six or seven W6x stations now, and won't get a clean sweep, but I'm having fun. Mostly because my wife and I drove the entire Route 66 exactly four years ago in 2017. It was our greatest vacation ever. Kansas is interesting because it only has 12 miles of Route 66 where it cuts the corner from Missouri into Oklahoma. It is famous for the Ribbon Road, a 9 foot wide stretch of paved road between Miami and Afton. When the road was built, 1922, funds did not permit two lanes from Miami to Afton, so one lane was built. If anyone is interested in a slide show of our trip, please check out http://philwinterphotography.com/route_66_2017

AE1P, KR3DX and N1KX like this.
  14. N8JEN

N8JEN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks K3DFC. Can't hear W6S at all here in Ohio, but hearing a Parks on the Air on 14.334.
    Crossing fingers that W6O shows up. Love this event, still hoping for a clean sweep.

15. N2ATP

N2ATP Ham Member QRZ Page

a -- w6s mobile was just spotted on dx sumit on 7.286.0 lsb labeled as route 66 rover 22:48 hrs utc