ad: Alphaant-1

Route 66 2019 Special Event!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WA6MHZ, Sep 5, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Saturday Sept 7th 0000Z is the kick off for this very popular event! With miserable propogation this year, it will be a Mighty Challenge indeed. Hope plenty of the Stations will be on FT8!! we will need it this time!

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Think?

Farthest DX to work is Chicago.

I've never had any problem working the midwest ones, the biggest challenge is the really close ones. I worked one in Santa Monica last year on 2 meters!:p

K9ASE and N2EY like this.
  3. WA6MHZ

Yes, the close one in ones are always my last! I see them reported running big pileups on 20M but not a peep here. Have to get to NM before we get a chance at propagation, though 40 meters works well for Kingman and AZ. of course the 2 Rovers W6S and W6T probably can't do FT8 mobile!

4. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page

When lived outside of Bloomington, IL a few years ago, the Route 66 thing was BIG.

Not sure how I missed the special events if they were happening in 2013 and 2014, but I would have set up in Atlanta, Il. Lots of junk stores there and a nice usable park for antennas.

5. WA6MHZ

And we are off and RUNNING!!!
    1st QSO was W6H in NM on 40M SSB.
    there were several more SSB stations on 40M but they were all dirt weak!

Then I got W6O on 40M FT8!!
    20 is a bust, notta PEEP even on FT8!

AE7LP and W7UUU like this.
  6. N7AHE

N7AHE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't hear any of the Route 66 stations but I hear several JAs working a contest.

7. WA6MHZ

Looks like this is going to be Primarily FT8 event. Got W6P on 20M FT8 a few min ago. All SSB and CW stations not copiable

8. K9KQX

K9KQX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Last night (Saturday) propagation was so bad on 40m I could only hear one route 66 station in new mexico back here in Illinois. In fact at one point around midnight 40m looked like a ghost town. Ft8 of course had some activity, but as of late, I've gotten a little bored with ft8.

Compared to previous years using the same 40m antenna, i could easily work half the route 66 stations on 40m SSB.

Oh well, I guess I'll keep trying and hope it gets better

9. W2AI

W2AI QRZ Lifetime Member #240 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I contacted six route 66 special event stations on 20 meters SSB so far.
    Propagation appears to be opened to the Mid-west and West Coast from the NE East Coast.

10. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

W6G (40m CW) and W6F (30m CW). That's all I've seen spotted. Got both of them. Waiting for more to appear on CW.

Edit: Just got W6B (20m CW) Sunday afternoon.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019