Rotator Plate Shock Absorber Mount worth it or not in this case

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by N5YPJ, Dec 6, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N5YPJ

N5YPJ QRZ Moderator QRZ Page

Hello

I am upgrading part of my antenna system to a Mosley Pro 57B that will be turned by a Yaesu G-1000 rotor mounted on a H4 Hazer on a Rohn 25G tower. The Hazer is a necessary evil as my XYL & I climbing days are behind us and no one else to climb. Anyway I would like advice, opinion & suggestions as to whether it would be worthwhile to include a Yaesu GA-3000 Rotator Plate Shock Absorber Mount in the installation or not? This is my first heavy antenna installation.

Thanks for your time. Have a nice day.

Richard

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Per Yaesu's web page it states that mount is for the G-2800DXA, not the G-1000.

Maybe call Yaesu to see if it also fits the G-1000?

NH7RO likes this.
  3. N5YPJ

N5YPJ QRZ Moderator QRZ Page

Ooops I missed that. Thanks!

4. KD7RF

KD7RF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The GA-3000 will fit the G-1000DXA. This is the rotator setup for my Tri-Ex LM-354 tower with a Mosley CL-36. Since the tower rotator shelf was drilled for the HyGain bolt pattern, I used the GA-3000 as an adapter plate. Plus, I thought a little shock absorbing wouldn't hurt. I also use a Yaesu GS-065 thrust bearing. The mast is from Tashjian, 10 ft, 2.0" x .180" wall, with about 6 ft in the tower and 4 ft above.

Yaesu also makes the GA-2500 which is specified for the G-1000.

73, Mike KD7RF
    Yaesu Rotator 1.jpg
    KD7RF.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  5. K3CMS

K3CMS Ham Member QRZ Page

Is that the coax cable running about a foot off the tower down to the ground?

6. KD7RF

KD7RF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, there are two LMR-400 Ultraflex cables and a rotator cable. Coax standoff arms for the crank-up tower are from www.KF7P.com.

Mike

7. K3CMS

K3CMS Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, stupid me I just realized it's a crank up tower. Yeah, senior moment. Nice set up nevertheless.

8. W4RS

W4RS Ham Member QRZ Page

I have had the same setup, a 67b on a 25g with a 1000 rotor. used it 10 years, never any problem. no shock mount. I also had another 67b on a 45g with a tailtwister, again no problem. keep it simple.